Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New he power up reel review

Pjj

Premium Member
Well I think Ime known for saying it as it is , ordered this reel yesterday morning and this morning by 10:30 it was at my door , removed the old reel and fitted the new one by 11:30 I was cleaning windows ??happy days .

This reel came without stickers as  Jordan was waiting for them  so he’s posting them on .

The reel operation is the same as the old version it’s very smooth in operation ,very quite and it’s 100% impossible for  the hose to come off the side again as most of you know we use  hot  water and it was 78 degrees this morning worked perfectly no distortion or issues at all in use or reeling in . It does  feel light compared to a metal reel but provided you don’t  throw heavy ladders on it I think it will be fine ,time will tell .Don't know what else to say really but I have ordered two more just now , if you are looking for a good electric reel order them now whilst they are discounted on price , any questions just ask , I would thoroughly recommend it ,and just to set the record straight  I dint have any affiliation with water works and no special discount to give a good review .

If anyone is interested in a metal hd  power up reel I have two for  sale both work fine and are only 4-5 months old still under warrantee not sure if this is transferable ?.. if interested pm me with a price Ime not looking for huge money but sensible offers , the reels will come without hose but all other fittings ,no leaks on the banjos and a manual handle as well , they are as new just a bit of dirt on them from the hose .

8482CE55-CC3C-492D-857B-0CDF02407B10.jpeg

73BE1172-2ABD-455B-A87C-2F23EF1D7F11.jpeg

FEA82750-8120-4DF1-9F47-9BC57DAA9CF0.jpeg

0039C9F2-50CE-4BD2-81BF-B4B2B4252E54.jpeg

Well done nice review ? does look a fairy bit wider than the HD with the side by side comparison.

Used mine 2 days now and love it too pal, like you say its pretty much the same as the older version but you can’t get the hose stuck which I like.

hot water user too and no issues, think it will let a long time maintenance free with the sealed bearings and belt drive.

how do you find the hand switch, I think it’s great however I keep reaching for the wall where I kept my old yellow switch fixed too?

Is the red hose new ? 6mm or 8mm as looks bigger than the hd hose? 
The hose isn’t new it’s hydro heat Grippatank hot water hose  6mm , had it several years .good stuff but a bit heavier than yellow microbore but brilliant with hot water 

Looks like the PF reels, same footprint and similar over bar. They look better than the older ones but not sure about them being plastic. Humping 100kg generators and gutter vacs etc would worry me. Do they do a twin stack?

Yes it is wider nice bit of kit just seams strange made of plastic ???
Plastic becomes brittle as I found out today cleaning a conny. The hole for the gutter was no bigger than an old 50p piece. Can't get grinder in to make it bigger so I have to use my multitool with long blade. I just hope the plastic reels stand the test of time mine are stainless steel ? My customer bought a new BMW and the engine blew up, he told me the manifold is made of plastic when it used to be metal.

Plastic becomes brittle as I found out today cleaning a conny. The hole for the gutter was no bigger than an old 50p piece. Can't get grinder in to make it bigger so I have to use my multitool with long blade. I just hope the plastic reels stand the test of time mine are stainless steel ? My customer bought a new BMW and the engine blew up, he told me the manifold is made of plastic when it used to be metal.
Quite agree about plastic some is tough as old boots others are brittle and fragile , time will tell , I think the inner frame is metal ?... plastic outer to stop corrosion is what Jordan said to me , it’s a nice bit of kit 

So curious - why replace two perfectly working reels for two other perfectly working reels ???  
I like to try new things , had the other reels about 4-5 months and spoke to Jordan about a year ago about the one with a level winder in it and he said that they weren’t going to be going ahead with that design as it was to costly , so bought 6 of the metal hd reels , had I been aware that this model was coming out I would have waited , but there you go , the older version is a very good reel there is nothing wrong with them , I buy and sell poles after a few months quite often as well , I like to compare different brands to see the good and bad points with all , I can afford to do it so why not ?? ??

Looks like the PF reels, same footprint and similar over bar. They look better than the older ones but not sure about them being plastic. Humping 100kg generators and gutter vacs etc would worry me. Do they do a twin stack?
Not sure about the twin stack I would say no unless it was mounted on a separate   frame , but I could be wrong , it does look a lot like a pure freedom reel but this one works ???? unlike the pure freedom ones I had !,, I think it is a bit smaller than pf it certainly looks smaller ?. I wouldn’t want to be dropping heavy stuff on top of it but then I look after my kit ,so wouldn’t damage it anyway , time will tell how they perform , I use hot water 8 hours a day 5 days a week and the hose comes off up to 50-60 times a day on busy estate work , so if there is any weaknesses I think I should find  it Pretty  quickly , the banjo joint is very impressive looks a quality fitting .

I think the inner is made of steel with a plastic outer ?. That was the impression I got talking to jordan , but again Ime not 100% sure ?. It did feel light taking it out of the box ?? unless Ime getting stronger ????

I’d be interested, how much you looking for? Had an accident with one of my manual reels and so needs replacing!! Have been looking at the powered reels. 

"4-5 months old"! or bi-annually or even tri-annually ? ? ? ? ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Used mine 2 days now and love it too pal, like you say its pretty much the same as the older version but you can’t get the hose stuck which I like.

hot water user too and no issues, think it will let a long time maintenance free with the sealed bearings and belt drive.

how do you find the hand switch, I think it’s great however I keep reaching for the wall where I kept my old yellow switch fixed too?
I prefer the old hand switch to be honest ??? , no it’s fine just takes a bit of getting used to . 

With the prices pjj charges he can do it every year! ?
Mornings work and it’s paid for ??

Lol you have good eye sight ?? it’s off centre to line up with the floor rollers that are also off centre due to the chassis members .
??? I was joking. I never noticed that!!

i always say it when someone puts something up or on something. Even if it’s completely straight, it gets everyone paranoid and they start checking again lol. 
When a mate next gets a second hand car in good nick, and is showing it off, say “yeh it’s nice but they’ve done a repair job there” and point at the bottom of the drivers door. They get paranoid and get on their knees and start rubbing the paint work with their sleeve ?

Yours look straight from the eye. And nice feel ?

I’ve just ordered this and I’m assuming no hose comes with it?

Would this reel take 100m of 8mm ID / 13.5mm OD reinforced hose or are most folk using something smaller?

I’m keen to maintain as high a flow rate as possible.

Thanks 

I’ve just ordered this and I’m assuming no hose comes with it?

Would this reel take 100m of 8mm ID / 13.5mm OD reinforced hose or are most folk using something smaller?

I’m keen to maintain as high a flow rate as possible.

Thanks 
Depends if you are going to go down the Hot Water route! If so, then you need the hydroheat hose. If not, then go for the 8mm inside dia hose and connect the exceed hoseless 6mm kit on the end of it.

Back