Mx19

Installing rollers in floor

Mx19

I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered the Grippatank through floor rollers. Does anyone know where I can find some info on installing these?

Cheers

Pjj
1 hour ago, maxbruffell said:

I've finally bitten the bullet and ordered the Grippatank through floor rollers. Does anyone know where I can find some info on installing these?

Cheers

I don’t  have the Grippatank ones but when you get them just offer them up if you are reasonably ok with diy it’s pretty easy to do , old adage measure twist cut once still applies ,  make sure BEFORE CUTTING that there is nothing in the way or no wiring up out of sight you don’t  want to damage anything, took me a couple of hours maximum to do both sides . 

Mx19

Thanks a lot! What did you use to cut? 

Pjj
Just now, maxbruffell said:

Thanks a lot! What did you use to cut? 

I used a hole saw and drill 

If you haven’t got a big enough hole saw a jigsaw will do the job but won’t be a neat 

scottish cleaning service

I was thinking of using my battery grinder to do mine if I get round to it.

Might be able to use a jigsaw with a metal blade?

Mx19

That's what I was thinking but I have a hole saw so will use that!

Pjj
2 minutes ago, maxbruffell said:

That's what I was thinking but I have a hole saw so will use that!

I cannot remember what size hole is needed but think it’s around 65-70 mm ?? 

Iron Giant

Neighbour did mine with a jigsaw fitted with a metal blade which was very easily done, depending on the pattern on your van floor you may need to flatten a raised area if you look at the pic you will notice on one side it has been flattened we used a G clamp otherwise the rollers wouldn't have sat flat. mine might be a different set of rollers to yours

20200102_142357.jpg

20200102_142550 (1).jpg

I think I will tackle mine tomorrow, I didn't realise how heavy my waterworks rollers are! I'm out today to try out new extreme 18 pole and that will be my windows complete for this month bar care home that I will tackle next month.

Iron Giant
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I think I will tackle mine tomorrow, I didn't realise how heavy my waterworks rollers are! I'm out today to try out new extreme 18 pole and that will be my windows complete for this month bar care home that I will tackle next month.

I put my back out lifting mine into the van on my own and suffered for weeks with severe muscle spams. 

Part Timer
5 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

I put my back out lifting mine into the van on my own and suffered for weeks with severe muscle spams. 

Not everyone has to lift them head high to get them in the back of their van though.

Iron Giant
23 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Not everyone has to lift them head high to get them in the back of their van though.

Next time you need to someone to tie your shoe laces, don't call me 😬

NoName
Posted (edited)
On 17/04/2020 at 18:36, maxbruffell said:

Cheers

Max - not sure which setup you've got...but give some thought as to how far from from the back of the van you position it...too far in towards cab you may find the hose rubs against your bumper as you pull it out - too near the back of your van you may find you catch the bottom roller on kerbs etc when reversing...here's 2 vids gives you an idea...

Edited by NoName

Mx19

Brilliant cheers for them, and all the advice. It’s definitely not something I’ll be rushing into! I’ve got quite a low sitting tow bar so I’m hoping that’ll give me some protection from curbs etc

Iron Giant
9 minutes ago, maxbruffell said:

Brilliant cheers for them, and all the advice. It’s definitely not something I’ll be rushing into! I’ve got quite a low sitting tow bar so I’m hoping that’ll give me some protection from curbs etc

My rollers on my van are just tucked up above my bumper to give me plenty of ground clearance. 

Mx19

Thanks all, between getting these installed and my electric reel I think my days will get that little bit easier and in the long run more profitable! Now all I need is an extreme pole, a more powerful gutter vac and to get my van waterproofed and I'm sorted!

Den
On 19/04/2020 at 17:50, maxbruffell said:

Thanks all, between getting these installed and my electric reel I think my days will get that little bit easier and in the long run more profitable! Now all I need is an extreme pole, a more powerful gutter vac and to get my van waterproofed and I'm sorted!

Don't forget to post a photo when finished 👍

I fitted my rollers but I forgot to fit the rollers under the floor in the middle. Not sure if I need them because they are working fine without them.

Den
46 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I fitted my rollers but I forgot to fit the rollers under the floor in the middle. Not sure if I need them because they are working fine without them.

Photos 😄