Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

The universal brushes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CHWS

Looking to order new brushes for pvc cleaning. Has anyone tried the universal flocked brush? Currently I’m using a flocked ultimate that I got cheap at the time as it was short bristled and on sale. Fed up using old brushes aswell and also fanjets getting snapped 

Well the good news is the new style jets don't snap. We use the medium mixed universal and like those, flocked should be very effective but rinse off the glass.

Well the good news is the new style jets don't snap. We use the medium mixed universal and like those, flocked should be very effective but rinse off the glass.
Yes that’s also why I’m looking to get the new brushes for the capsules

Looking to order new brushes for pvc cleaning. Has anyone tried the universal flocked brush? Currently I’m using a flocked ultimate that I got cheap at the time as it was short bristled and on sale. Fed up using old brushes aswell and also fanjets getting snapped 
Hi CHWS

Just picking up on your comment about the fanjets getting snapped - couple of questions:

1. Are these the old style fanjets?

2. Are you using a univalve?

?

Hi CHWS

Just picking up on your comment about the fanjets getting snapped - couple of questions:

1. Are these the old style fanjets?

2. Are you using a univalve?

?
Hi Alex yes they are the old style ones and using a univalve , I always managed to hit they of a down spout when going in behind them 

Hi Alex yes they are the old style ones and using a univalve , I always managed to hit they of a down spout when going in behind them 
My old 100% fan jets lasted a week before breaking. Ended up boring the hole wider and gluing the clear hose right into the brush hole with the broken jet still inplace. Still works to this day but I have moved on to the new style jets which are fantastic.

If the old style jets where breaking when catching behind a down spout then you will not have this issue with the newer style Jet Capsule jets ?

If using a Univalve make sure that you have a clip fitted on the gooseneck hose to prevent the univalve action from pulling on the hose into the back of the new jets - repetitive actuating of the Univalve and the subsequent pulling on the jet hose can damage the back of the jet capsules. You can use either the clip that the makers of Univalve sell or a small O clip.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the old style jets where breaking when catching behind a down spout then you will not have this issue with the newer style Jet Capsule jets ?

If using a Univalve make sure that you have a clip fitted on the gooseneck hose to prevent the univalve action from pulling on the hose into the back of the new jets - repetitive actuating of the Univalve and the subsequent pulling on the jet hose can damage the back of the jet capsules. You can use either the clip that the makers of Univalve sell or a small O clip.
I've found the Hose Stops that have been recently devoloped by Skxawng to be superb. They hold the hose really well, they are super easy to adjust, they look smart and professional. The action of switching on and off the Univalve is much more positive as there is less bounce than there was with the little plastic clips.

Another important point : it's good to support another fledgling developer/manufacturer in our own trade and our own country.

I have a 35cm universal flocked brush. With 4 jet holes. Its the black one with blue edges. sIts pretty heavy and I find the bristles too short for my liking so on that basis I wouldnt recommend it

I have a 35cm universal flocked brush. With 4 jet holes. Its the black one with blue edges. sIts pretty heavy and I find the bristles too short for my liking so on that basis I wouldnt recommend it
Thanks I thought I read somewhere before that people preferred a supreme compares to it 

Back