Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Gutter Spike Agitator

A S

I've been thinking of getting one of these for a while now - just for normal houses. 

A gutter vac is out of my budget, and I don't do ladder work anymore . So thought that this might be the next best thing. 

Does anyone use it? 

How does it work? 

What are the pros and cons? 

Any suggestions for use or alternatives? 

Thanks for the help. 

Yes they are quite for digging stuff out of gutters or loosening/ breaking up stuff we use one along side the gutter vacs , the spray jet is a complete waist of time no ware near enough flow or pressure through it . I would definitely recommend it .  

I have one I don't clean lot of gutters,but it's a solid piece of equipment, if wfp were not as bendy then this would really help dig out turf. It's good for getting twigs out at times, or just manipulating annoying bits in gutter.

Regarding the water jet,I used this with outdoor tap with great pressure to clear a gutter full of pigeon poo about 30ft up,as got fed up using vac for the  job, as to cheap a job n gutter quite narrow to get vac nozzle in. Only thing was I think I might have inhaled poop n had a dodgy tummy,so wouldnt recommend doing that,as of course it has disease in it.

if wfp were not as bendy then this would really help dig out turf. It's good for getting twigs out at times, or just manipulating annoying bits in gutter.
Don't extend top section, much more rigid then. The OP has said he can't afford a gutter vac and doesn't climb ladders so I don't see how he can offer a gutter clearing service. 

I have one I don't clean lot of gutters,but it's a solid piece of equipment, if wfp were not as bendy then this would really help dig out turf. It's good for getting twigs out at times, or just manipulating annoying bits in gutter.

Regarding the water jet,I used this with outdoor tap with great pressure to clear a gutter full of pigeon poo about 30ft up,as got fed up using vac for the  job, as to cheap a job n gutter quite narrow to get vac nozzle in. Only thing was I think I might have inhaled poop n had a dodgy tummy,so wouldnt recommend doing that,as of course it has disease in it.
If you don’t  extend the top section of the pole it makes it far more ridged and will remove turfs a lot easier 

I’ve got one, used It twice in a year, I personally don’t think the spike is long enough to get underneath it. You aren’t missing much if you don’t get one. But they’re not expensive, if you’re tempted give it a go & see what you think. And use your most heavy duty pole with each section just half extended or something as PT said. 

As per RW I've got one - 'cos I saw it and thought 'that might come in handy' - never used it - have pro gutter tools (internal gutter profile shaped plastic 'spatula' with a euro thread at right angle - these I use occasionally 3-4 times a year but when I need to break them out they are great little tool to have in your arsenal...

But if you're going to do gutters you will need to be able to get up to them from time to time - reattach clips/empty swan necks/repair seals etc...It's a good little earner and often leads to cross selling other services...

Back