Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best vehicle business insurance companies

Hyzer373

I’m with one call insurance at the moment but looking to shop around as I’m paying over 100 a month and I’m currently using a car, it feels a bit expensive.

What insurers are you with for your vehicle who give a good deal with business insurance for window cleaning, how much do you pay monthly, any recommendations would be appreciated, cheers.

I’m with one call insurance at the moment but looking to shop around as I’m paying over 100 a month and I’m currently using a car, it feels a bit expensive.

What insurers are you with for your vehicle who give a good deal with business insurance for window cleaning, how much do you pay monthly, any recommendations would be appreciated, cheers.
I went through Mustard.com and they offered to call me to beat the price, which they did, and they did. I shopped around a lot until I got something decent, saved £100s.  

EDIT: My bad, it's https://www.mustard.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
@Master Jedi Alejandro have you tried that link you posted ?
For mustard I'd choose Dijon Original as first choice, Colemans English as second. ?

For van insurance we use Alexander Swan : £497 , Inc legal expenses @£9, Admin @£30, 2006 Merc Vito.

Replacement vehicle cover: extra £75, for a kitted out window cleaning van in the event of fire, theft or accident.

Total, £572

We chose this company because we can walk in to speak with them if there's ever a problem as they are local to us. Also the replacement vans are supplied by Ionics which is just 3 min away.

We didn't take out theft insurance on the equipment as there's pretty much always one or other of us in sight of the van while working. When not working the van is parked on my drive which is covered by two sensor triggered floodlights and two alarm sensors. Theft cover for the equipment would have been close to £200.

Hope this helps. ?

For mustard I'd choose Dijon Original as first choice, Colemans English as second. ?

For van insurance we use Alexander Swan : £497 , Inc legal expenses @£9, Admin @£30, 2006 Merc Vito.

Replacement vehicle cover: extra £75, for a kitted out window cleaning van in the event of fire, theft or accident.

Total, £572

We chose this company because we can walk in to speak with them if there's ever a problem as they are local to us. Also the replacement vans are supplied by Ionics which is just 3 min away.

We didn't take out theft insurance on the equipment as there's pretty much always one or other of us in sight of the van while working. When not working the van is parked on my drive which is covered by two sensor triggered floodlights and two alarm sensors. Theft cover for the equipment would have been close to £200.

Hope this helps. ?
Totaly agree with this post we have all our vans insured with them ,the hire vans are excellent unfortunately we have had to have them three times over the years due to people crashing into us whilst working and being stationary !,,, all got ionics thermopure systems and thevones I had were almost new .

Totaly agree with this post we have all our vans insured with them ,the hire vans are excellent unfortunately we have had to have them three times over the years due to people crashing into us whilst working and being stationary !,,, all got ionics thermopure systems and thevones I had were almost new .
I rang up today & had a quote of £1200 odd for me & just over a grand with the wife on it. Without a tank in the back!! Walsall must come under an area code for the bronx!!

I rang up today & had a quote of £1200 odd for me & just over a grand with the wife on it. Without a tank in the back!! Walsall must come under an area code for the bronx!!
As I posted the other day, for 2 vans they wanted circa £2700, even the girl was apologetic before she gave the price. Trying A-Plan at the moment, promised to get back to me today with a price but haven't, which means I have to sort it next week. Currently with More Than and Aviva.

Admiral van insurance I pay around £330 a year I have a 64 plate combo with a 350ltr tank professionally fitted the tank is on the policy in black and white as a mod plus signage etc, I don't do many miles a year though my furthest job is just under 5 miles away so I only do around 3k miles a year, Aviva wanted around £1,500 if I remember rightly ? 

As I posted the other day, for 2 vans they wanted circa £2700, even the girl was apologetic before she gave the price. Trying A-Plan at the moment, promised to get back to me today with a price but haven't, which means I have to sort it next week. Currently with More Than and Aviva.
I rang a plan yesterday afternoon & the chap said if he didn’t get back to me later he would this morning/Saturday as there’re in working. So I’ll see what they come back with.

I went off A-Plan as I think there customer service went right down over the years and the last dealings I had with them were shoddy, I lost faith and trust in them so jumped ship

Admiral currently cheapest for me. 
all mods declared including water tank (even tho I haven’t got one yet. Saves p1ssing about adding it in a few months). Van equipment covered for up to £4000.

All in £620, not too bad as other quotes I got were nearly a grand more.

A-plan didn’t bother getting back to me, I suppose they could on Tuesday tho.

Latest Posts

Back