Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can you guys help me price this ?

How long will it take you?

What do you want to earn for that amount of time and messing about with the juliet balconies etc?

For me it's only a couple hours work as there's only 3 real sides to the building and I presume the odd few round the back .

It would be very well priced for me but you may need the work more than I do as I could take it or leave it.

As for an actual price I don't know what you expect per hour or what you can charge where you are.

I reckon it would take me about 3 hours and I'd charge £40 per hour if it was a nice monthly or bimonthly. A one off or longer frequencies would be a good bit more as they could get very mucky in winter at that intersection.

Id just tell them I'd just do the top halfs of the the Juliette's. They're a bloody nuisance.

That's my price in the North West btw you Southern chaps might charge a bit more.

Good luck.

Without seeing around the back I’d say £150 + vat. The bars should be doable but will take longer as you have to spin your brush head vertical on the higher ones. 

Depending how filthy they are, as cant see well on pic,

£120-£160 first clean 

£160 if its a one off

£100 if its 6/8 weekly

I see this as a 2hr tops first clean and maybe 45min job regular

No idear what’s round the back ?.. looks like you might have to stand in the pavement/ road for some windows ?? We would be in the region of £250 and down hear I would be very surprised if we didn’t get it at that price , if u didn’t really want it I would say £300-350 and see what happens . 

No idear what’s round the back ?.. looks like you might have to stand in the pavement/ road for some windows ?? We would be in the region of £250 and down hear I would be very surprised if we didn’t get it at that price , if u didn’t really want it I would say £300-350 and see what happens . 
I do a good few commercial blocks of flats and would be charging just like you.

Could spend half a day taking it easy and cleaning thoroughly and still walk away with £250-300 and then crack out 150 quid of houses.

I love these sort of jobs.

I do a job with @Adams0211that takes us an hour working together and get £130 each for the hassle lol.

We work together as we work for the same property management companies and deliberately quote 1 higher than the other so we get it between us.. very good way to work on these jobs as we can knock them out and then do our own houses and have a good day each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit off topic here sorry, I’m moving over to wfp soon & I’ve been asked to clean some windows that look around this height. Would a 25ft pole reach the top windows on this? Cheers

Bit off topic here sorry, I’m moving over to wfp soon & I’ve been asked to clean some windows that look around this height. Would a 25ft pole reach the top windows on this? Cheers
More than likely we do a lot of three storey stuff and 25 does  99% of them , all the ones below are done with a 25 foot pole 

0B1E6EC7-4BE0-4A5B-8F5F-6EACF97D931F.jpeg

7E74C331-E9AC-4C56-8A91-DF40249030F0.jpeg

544332CF-49CF-4E2F-894C-3A39204B43D1.jpeg

5CF60D7C-164D-498E-AAF5-5562E8CBEA5C.jpeg

C56EA496-C958-40F0-803F-C6121318B09E.jpeg

If they are modern, last 50 years, then a 25' pole should reach just. It won't be comfortable on some windows, especially if they're set back. 

If they're older buildings then it won't reach the majority. We do one modern Care Home, with 3 floors, where our SLX25 barely reaches but the CLX27 does it comfortably. Working with a pole that isn't quite long enough is very tiring. 

If I were you I'd get a 25' pole with a couple of extensions to be safe. Would be nothing worse turning up on first job and having to pull off the job because your pole doesn't reach. 

If they are modern, last 50 years, then a 25' pole should reach just. It won't be comfortable on some windows, especially if they're set back. 

If they're older buildings then it won't reach the majority. We do one modern Care Home, with 3 floors, where our SLX25 barely reaches but the CLX27 does it comfortably. Working with a pole that isn't quite long enough is very tiring. 

If I were you I'd get a 25' pole with a couple of extensions to be safe. Would be nothing worse turning up on first job and having to pull off the job because your pole doesn't reach. 
Yea I know what u mean. I have plenty of work but on the odd house there’s the odd window that I’m just not willing to do even with the ladder being footed. So when I make the change over I’ll be able to start cleaning them then. I’ve had to refuse the 3 story town houses for this same reason. I was debating an 18ft pole & a 30ft pole if my starting up wfp budget will stretch to it. A 25ft pole seems a happy medium tho to start off with.

I do loads of these with 20 foot as I can't be bothered to get my extensions out .

25 foot will do most 3 storey work.

Screenshot_20200425-213110_Maps.jpg

Yea I know what u mean. I have plenty of work but on the odd house there’s the odd window that I’m just not willing to do even with the ladder being footed. So when I make the change over I’ll be able to start cleaning them then. I’ve had to refuse the 3 story town houses for this same reason. I was debating an 18ft pole & a 30ft pole if my starting up wfp budget will stretch to it. A 25ft pole seems a happy medium tho to start off with.
With the Gardiner poles you can buy a 25' pole and for a few hundred quid buy a pole extension that takes it up to 35'. This gives you the flexibility with having a reasonably light pole with the benefit of being able to stick an extension on in a few minutes to do the higher ones. 

@Potta81 personally I would get a 22ft as a daily pole pole I can do quite a few 3 storey townhouses with my 22ft xtreme but I have 2 extensions for higher windows such as dormer windows on the top floor and the veluxs on 3 storey townhouses, I am only 5ft though so one extension might do you 

@Potta81 personally I would get a 22ft as a daily pole pole I can do quite a few 3 storey townhouses with my 22ft xtreme but I have 2 extensions for higher windows such as dormer windows on the top floor and the veluxs on 3 storey townhouses, I am only 5ft though so one extension might do you 
Cheers for that mate, so much to think about when starting wfp. Got my van getting it signed up next week. Slowly getting there ??

Potta… unless you have fixed/full round already and are just looking to service your existing customers base (though once you go WFP you'll be quicker so could perhaps add 40-50% more work if you wanted) I would personally advise you get a bigger tank/van/longer pole etc than you think you'll need, (not massively more - just maybe the next size or two up - plan for the future growth you will experience) -  re the upfront cost it's often more cost effective to just go the next level (or two) up - with a pole you can always take off a couple of the sections and leave in the van - add them when they a needed. Your also not storing up hassle - down the road - have to shift to a bigger van is a hassle (lost work time) and can be pricy (depending on diy or pro sys) Buy once buy right first-time - if you can. 

It's a great relief to know you have head room built into your kit - rocking up to price a job and feeling confident I reach that no problem - I often get work the custy says his current/previous WFP can't reach - and they are looking to get someone who can. My mantra is 'if you can see from the ground' i.e. have line of sight - I'll be able to clean it' 

As you grow in confidence with the WFP you'll possibly look to add other services at somepoint (e.g s+f+g/solar etc) and nothing more annoying that having to fork out again for a bigger this or taller that...

Chat with WFP guys you see around your area and ask them   - we're a friendly bunch - they'll probably have advice tailored to you local stock of houses..

All the best! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back