Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lock down until next year?

Unfortunately not, officially 135k people have had the virus. We all know the number will be a lot higher so let's call it 3 million. This is circa 5% of the population so there's still a lot more people to catch it yet.

Without a vaccine this will go on for a lot longer, hope I'm wrong but when Germany, a country that has avoided the worst of it, have already cancelled Oktoberfest, that starts mid September, we aren't going to be doing anything till after this.

Better get used to the social distancing as I think itll go on for at least the next year IMO...

I dont think itll be long before they open non essential shops and garden centres and barbers/hairdressers though.....

Most pubs and clubs will go out of business and football clubs too I reckon.....

That doesn’t mean we will be in the type of lockdown we are in now until then. But there will be social distancing measures we need to adhere to. What will be interesting is seeing what happens in countries like Austria and Italy now they’re opening certain things up. 

I really feel for owners and employees of restaurants, pubs and gyms as I imagine they will be the very last places able to open again. 

I don't think it will be "lockdown" as such but more like forms of restrictions which as the article suggest "social distancing" that will gradually be phased out as time goes on and the figures are assessed. 

I really feel for owners and employees of restaurants, pubs and gyms as I imagine they will be the very last places able to open again. 
Honestly, i think i might just end my own life if I was the owner of a pub or restaurant. I'll be so depressed and frustrated.

Better get used to the social distancing as I think itll go on for at least the next year IMO...

I dont think itll be long before they open non essential shops and garden centres and barbers/hairdressers though.....
what about meeting with friends and families? Surely they can't keep people from seeing them for another 12 months!

Airlines, Insurance, Investment & Oil companies are all bankrupt. None of my customers will go on a plane this year in case they catch the virus from recirculating air. I'm lucky most of my customers are elderly and have a state pension. Our prices may take a hit when folk out of work become handymen and women, gardeners and window cleaners. Can't see home prices staying at these levels and could drop 25%. Anyone will be able to pick up a cheap nearly new van. fwiw

There was a lot more drivers on the road today. I have seen a number of local business owners who had shut up shop who started back today. They also opened the local parks by me, to walk around. A few of my customers who are office based have started going back to work, they have to do the social distancing in work...

what about meeting with friends and families? Surely they can't keep people from seeing them for another 12 months!
The current lock down as it is hasn't stopped a lot of people from meeting up and going to visit family, plus the supermarkets and so on are a joke people aren't social distancing as they should be ?

There is a new rule coming. We're allowed to have ten nominated friends.. Was mentioned in the news last night. Not sure who is going to track who your nominated friends are....

And those 10 nominated friends will have 10 nominated friends.. and they'll have 10 nominated friends.. and they'll ..

So basically just the government trying to setup a web of infection routes that they can monitor. Then will come the vaccines they can monitor.. or other treatments..

Yes Covid is dangerous. Yes Lockdown was the right thing, Yes social distancing needed to happen and Yes we've all needed to minimise the risk of us spreading it but 10 nominated friends is stupid and a government route to direct interference and control of our lives.

More annoying though is the number of people going out for non-essential shopping - and the number of retailers encouraging it to happen. They should be ashamed but they aren't. They seem to think it's all a big joke / not real and it won't affect them or be spread by them.

It's gone nuts.

There is no scientific proof keeping 2m away from each other has any benefit at all.
This is true, there is actually no scientific proof of anything, the experts don't know where the virus came from, how it's spread or how to stop it.  Everything they have tried has not worked and if anything the countries that have tried lock down measures have just prolonged it.  It's about time that they faced up to the wider problems that this lock down is creating and decide if it's worth it.  

For me I really don't think it's worth it.  They were never supposed to be trying to stop it, it was supposed to be slowing it down so the hospitals can cope, well the hospitals are 50 percent down on patient numbers due to people not wanting to go and then on top of this we've got huge hospitals sat empty ready for covid patients.  They need to just get it over with, if we wait then it will be worse in the long run.

Was talking to a doctor yesterday and he was saying the virus can get carried along in pollution particles in the air. The only thing that's not getting the blame is climate change because the sun can kill it.

There is no scientific proof keeping 2m away from each other has any benefit at all.
Several news reports have reported on scientists saying that it's 4m you need between people. 2m is our UK governments optimistic "we must not let this disturb our precious economy, shares, banking and property portfolios - sell them all down the river and halve the distance".

This is true, there is actually no scientific proof of anything, the experts don't know where the virus came from, how it's spread or how to stop it.  Everything they have tried has not worked and if anything the countries that have tried lock down measures have just prolonged it.  It's about time that they faced up to the wider problems that this lock down is creating and decide if it's worth it.  

For me I really don't think it's worth it.  They were never supposed to be trying to stop it, it was supposed to be slowing it down so the hospitals can cope, well the hospitals are 50 percent down on patient numbers due to people not wanting to go and then on top of this we've got huge hospitals sat empty ready for covid patients.  They need to just get it over with, if we wait then it will be worse in the long run.
New Zealand has just reported that they have completely eliminated the virus from their country. It's gone - completely.

The UK seems to have this attitude of "many will die, many will suffer but tough luck". It's the typical attitude the elite of this country have enforced on those at the bottom for years. With that said, Boris has experienced it himself and he seems to have some genuine concern for us all. Not enough but he does have some.

Was talking to a doctor yesterday and he was saying the virus can get carried along in pollution particles in the air. The only thing that's not getting the blame is climate change because the sun can kill it.
It can remain airborne for 10 minutes but alive in the open for 3 hours - whether that be in the wind or air conditioning system etc. On some surfaces it can survive 4-5 days..

I see queuing as a massive threat. You queue 2m apart from the person in front. They more forwards, you move into their old airspace. What do you think is floating in the air all around you - staying airborne for 10 minutes..

The only real safe way is a full on hazmat suit and oxygen tank / mask. They were quite cheap back in February, then this **** got serious and the prices literally doubled overnight (some trebled) - and yes, i've been looking lol.

Latest Posts

Back