Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose Fittings which one?

A S

Hi,

I saw a window cleaner today and I saw that he had what looked like your standard type hozelock connection to his pole hose.

I'm used to the gardiner o'clamp and ez snap connectors but as with everything it is always interesting to find out other ways to set up your system and see what others use and if there are any improvements to be made.

Thanks

Hi,

I saw a window cleaner today and I saw that he had what looked like your standard type hozelock connection to his pole hose.

I'm used to the gardiner o'clamp and ez snap connectors but as with everything it is always interesting to find out other ways to set up your system and see what others use and if there are any improvements to be made.

Thanks
I use exceed slick connect. so easy and quick, not a single problem. with the ez snap, was often a problem/pita.

We've always stuck with Hozelock type connectors, they work well and suit man sized hands. In emergency you can pick up a female connector from a garden centre, diy store or many other places. Keep spares in the van of course.

We've always stuck with Hozelock type connectors, they work well and suit man sized hands. In emergency you can pick up a female connector from a garden centre, diy store or many other places. Keep spares in the van of course.
Are you using 1/2 inch garden hose then Martyn? I know Claber do a 1/2 quick connect down to 8mm but didn’t know you could get them from garden centre etc. Your general garden ones are 1/2 to 1/2?

Are you using 1/2 inch garden hose then Martyn? I know Claber do a 1/2 quick connect down to 8mm but didn’t know you could get them from garden centre etc. Your general garden ones are 1/2 to 1/2?
No we use 8mm bore hose but put a short length of half inch on the ends to step up.

Back