water tank lid in van

hi any body  got any good tips on stopping water coming out    of air vents  on water tanks lids had new van and want keep it dry but    it is getting out of the air vents in lid when driving around any help thanks 

when I  had 350 tank never had a problem now got 400 tank upright  getting water over side of tank from vents 

8 minutes ago, babs2020 said:

hi any body  got any good tips on stopping water coming out    of air vents  on water tanks lids had new van and want keep it dry but    it is getting out of the air vents in lid when driving around any help thanks 

2 ways to stop this, put plastic sheet over opening before you put lid on but remember to take it off after you've used a 100l of water or so

Change lid so it's not vented and attach a separate breather pipe to allow air in.

What do the vents look like? Had to drill a hole in my lid for a vent, attached a bolt-through hose barb to it and about 5 inches of stiff hose so it sits well above top of the tank, never had a single spillage, and thats on a flat tank which would get more movement.
Are you sure it is coming out of the vents and not a leak elsewhere?

On 23/04/2020 at 22:42, Pjj said:

Strange don’t  get any come out of mine ?..

Same here. Never had a problem. Got a vented Wydale lid with spring loaded ball in my van dry as a bone. 

Chuck a cloth or old towel over as the water escape should be minimal whilst travelling to the the first job of day most likely you are overfilling your tank a bit. 

23 minutes ago, johnny bravo said:

just buy a lid off Wintecs without vents , around £10 / £13    Job done   

And what's going to replace the water, you'll end up with a very odd shaped water tank.

• Agree 2
1 hour ago, Pjj said:

Mine was fitted by Grippatank when they did the boiler conversion it’s vented but never leaks at all , 

503F556A-2673-4C0C-B186-5146C204F0C2.jpeg

DA2F0AA7-BD17-45CC-A155-54BF962FD5DE.jpeg

That looks the same as mine on my Brodex system... It leaks constantly!!!! Even with a plastic bag

What does the red bit do?....Mine leaked until I fitted a sheet of plastic between lid and tank and screwed lid onto it...just put some holes in plastic.

10 minutes ago, J and S said:

What does the red bit do?....Mine leaked until I fitted a sheet of plastic between lid and tank and screwed lid onto it...just put some holes in plastic.

The red bit is the vent no idear how it works but it does 

17 minutes ago, maxbruffell said:

That looks the same as mine on my Brodex system... It leaks constantly!!!! Even with a plastic bag

Brodex  enough said 😂😂😂😬

8 minutes ago, Pjj said:

The red bit is the vent no idear how it works but it does 

Brodex  enough said 😂😂😂😬

Haha Yeah, luckily I got it for a steal second hand.... Would never buy new though haha! Just need to figure this bloody lid out!