Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

water tank lid in van

babs2020

hi any body  got any good tips on stopping water coming out    of air vents  on water tanks lids had new van and want keep it dry but    it is getting out of the air vents in lid when driving around any help thanks 

hi any body  got any good tips on stopping water coming out    of air vents  on water tanks lids had new van and want keep it dry but    it is getting out of the air vents in lid when driving around any help thanks 
2 ways to stop this, put plastic sheet over opening before you put lid on but remember to take it off after you've used a 100l of water or so

Change lid so it's not vented and attach a separate breather pipe to allow air in.

What do the vents look like? Had to drill a hole in my lid for a vent, attached a bolt-through hose barb to it and about 5 inches of stiff hose so it sits well above top of the tank, never had a single spillage, and thats on a flat tank which would get more movement.
Are you sure it is coming out of the vents and not a leak elsewhere?

Chuck a cloth or old towel over as the water escape should be minimal whilst travelling to the the first job of day most likely you are overfilling your tank a bit. 

Mine was fitted by Grippatank when they did the boiler conversion it’s vented but never leaks at all , 

503F556A-2673-4C0C-B186-5146C204F0C2.jpeg

DA2F0AA7-BD17-45CC-A155-54BF962FD5DE.jpeg

What does the red bit do?....Mine leaked until I fitted a sheet of plastic between lid and tank and screwed lid onto it...just put some holes in plastic.

What does the red bit do?....Mine leaked until I fitted a sheet of plastic between lid and tank and screwed lid onto it...just put some holes in plastic.
The red bit is the vent no idear how it works but it does 

That looks the same as mine on my Brodex system... It leaks constantly!!!! Even with a plastic bag
Brodex  enough said ????

The red bit is the vent no idear how it works but it does 

Brodex  enough said ????
Haha Yeah, luckily I got it for a steal second hand.... Would never buy new though haha! Just need to figure this bloody lid out! 

Latest Posts

Back