Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My first full week powerup 3D review

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mufcglen

So had it in just over a week now and am still loving it, the positives are you can’t catch the hose down the side of the reel like the previous versions, it’s very quiet reeling in with a belt rather than a chain.
It’s very easy to fix to your floor or tank etc and I really like the thumb on/off switch.
Two negatives I’ve found is one, the belt started slipping a few days in first thing in the morning then didn’t do it again but I contacted waterworks and they told me how to adjust the belt up which was easy enough and it hasn’t slipped again so far and secondly where the adjustment Allen bolt is it occasionally catches on the hose, now I’m using 100 metres of gardiner microbore and when it’s all wound on that’s when it’s very close to this adjustment bolt, I think using the reel with 100 metres of minibore would be a pain as I imagine it would be a lot thicker when all wound on the reel.
Would I buy another, absolutely 100% especially at the discounted rate they was released at.
It feels really solid and I’m sure will last a long time with the sealed bearings and abs frame.
Just bear in mind that I wouldn’t advise using minibore hose on it!

I have yellow microbore on one reel and hydro heat hose on the other the hydro heat is slightly thicker than microbore , I have 100 on each reel and a further 30 meters of pole hose on it and haven’t had it catch the adjuster but I agree it is close , like you I would thoroughly recommend  them nice reels and very good value compared to other brands .

3C278CF2-AC67-4649-A678-B395906C8CE8.jpeg

8284C982-7836-486F-BD93-39039CEBA07A.jpeg

Thanks for the update. 

Still waiting for mine to be delivered seriously looking forward to using it ?

I have yellow microbore on one reel and hydro heat hose on the other the hydro heat is slightly thicker than microbore , I have 100 on each reel and a further 30 meters of pole hose on it and haven’t had it catch the adjuster but I agree it is close , like you I would thoroughly recommend  them nice reels and very good value compared to other brands .

View attachment 20182

View attachment 20183
I’ve had it where its come loose on the reel twice this week and when pulling out its snagged on the the little Allen bolt, now I always reel back in with a rag and keep things taught right from the very beginning I used electric reels about 5-6 years ago, I think it may have come loose when the hose on the reel jumps off the bit it’s wrapped around.

tomorroW I’m gonna chop about 10 metres of my Microbore off and I should be good but I don’t like it being very close, even in your pic pal I can see the yellow hose looks closer to the edge of filling the reel out that’s what mine is like and it’s close to the red push on trim at the bottom, my hose has red scuff marks where its caught it a few times, I just don’t like things being that close!

my personal opinion is though that If I put my minibore off my other reel onto it it would almost be brimmed so my advice to anyone would be to use microbore with these reels, I’m not sure why anyone doing general window cleaning would want to use minibore anyway there’s enough flow from microbore and it feels a lot lighter dragging it about!

ive attached a video from when the belt was slipping but you can see his close the hose is to the adjuster screw

View attachment 20184

Thanks for the update. 

Still waiting for mine to be delivered seriously looking forward to using it ?
Mate you’ll love it, those comments of mine are just set up niggles, I’ve adjusted the belt and I’m gonna chop a few metres of reel hose off as I never use the full 100 metres anyway so once I’ve taken some off it will be bang on, seriously considering making mine 24volt now so it’s a lot faster reeling in?

Hope so, have been using the HDPU for approx 4 years love them.

I need the full 100 metres of hose plus the pole hose as tubless like yourself I clean Hall’s mansions and big lodges plus lots of compact work don’t want to be moving my van unless needed ?

I’ve had it where its come loose on the reel twice this week and when pulling out its snagged on the the little Allen bolt, now I always reel back in with a rag and keep things taught right from the very beginning I used electric reels about 5-6 years ago, I think it may have come loose when the hose on the reel jumps off the bit it’s wrapped around.

tomorroW I’m gonna chop about 10 metres of my Microbore off and I should be good but I don’t like it being very close, even in your pic pal I can see the yellow hose looks closer to the edge of filling the reel out that’s what mine is like and it’s close to the red push on trim at the bottom, my hose has red scuff marks where its caught it a few times, I just don’t like things being that close!

my personal opinion is though that If I put my minibore off my other reel onto it it would almost be brimmed so my advice to anyone would be to use microbore with these reels, I’m not sure why anyone doing general window cleaning would want to use minibore anyway there’s enough flow from microbore and it feels a lot lighter dragging it about!

ive attached a video from when the belt was slipping but you can see his close the hose is to the adjuster screw

View attachment 20184
After your comments about the reel capacity , I was board this morning so thought I would have a play and look closely ,at the adjusters , I have one with a bolt head and one with an Allen key head the Allen key one is much lower than the bolt headed one , I managed to get an extra 37 meters in the yellow reel , and about 28 on the red reel ,but I did have to level it on  well , the pictures below show the adjusters and the reels with space for more hose the yellow reel has 100 meters of 6mm microbore on it and 30 meters of pole hose , the red one 100 meters of 6mm hydroheat hose  but it is thicker than yellow microbore with 30 meters of pole hose . The red reel the hose has hit the red plastic strip in a few places as you can see the marks but the yellow one hasn’t 

07C52DDB-4669-4B3D-81F0-5EB41B58D1C1.jpeg

CDA2A24C-5016-46E8-AE12-01E82F9A78A8.jpeg

47893AC4-2B0E-49F1-9239-B5D5515C5415.jpeg

8B6CE7DD-B632-4F43-9274-F198499795BC.jpeg

Wanted to add a remote to mine so can start winding in as I walk back that way I can reduce snags walking back, its a pain when you walk back then have to stop winding as you get snagged up. 

Wanted to add a remote to mine so can start winding in as I walk back that way I can reduce snags walking back, its a pain when you walk back then have to stop winding as you get snagged up. 
I just grab the hose when walking back to the van in the middle of the amount I have pulled out and rarely get any snags if there’s loads of stuff in the way I coil it up and throw it up the road ready to reel in if I see anything it’s likely to get caught up on I move the hose out of the way . I know some people do use a remote but I like to feed the hose on the reel at the van to level it out ,otherwise I have found it can get tangled up next time you try pulling it out . 

Yes know what you mean the plan is not to remotely reel all in with the remote just enough to clear the road aheadand reduce snags without bending down and hand balling it if that makes sense ?might be a bad idea but I’m willing to try anything that reduces strain and aids effiency and only a £20 upgrade if it works and not a fortune if it don’t ? 

Another thing I have notice even though the hose on my first Hd is older and more worn from WCW it was a lot smaller outer diameter than from Gardiner both are 6mm quite a noticeable thickness. 

Another thing I have notice even though the hose on my first Hd is older and more worn from WCW it was a lot smaller outer diameter than from Gardiner both are 6mm quite a noticeable thickness. 
Yes I know what you mean we only use Gardiners  and Grippatank now but when we were trying different makes they were all different sizes although they all were 6mm internal sizing ??

Be interesting what the new 6mm Red ID that comes from WCW compared to their old yellow and Gardiner 6mm hose.

I chose red this time due to us occasionally getting tangled hopefully the different colours will help us untangle easier ?

whats the over run like on these new ones? do they keep unspooling?
Simply fix on the power up hd with the over spool kit. 

Cheers for comments lads, pjj I wonder why your belt tensioning bolt is different to my Allen bolt, I’ve chopped about 5 metres of reel hose off now and I’m happy it won’t catch again.

as regards the overrun I can’t fault mine, seems to slow just right after I’ve yanked some hose out each time!

Den I’ve been thinking the same thing making mine remote switched again like my old reel I tried years ago but I used to find it fell off over the side of it wasn’t guided whereas this in theory should stay on the reel but I imagine unless guided across it could reel up on one side then fall off but still on the reel and then they have a nasty habit of ravelling themselves over each other, plus I think if you had it powered to 24v it may be better doing it remote as the extra power would help unkink hose quicker as it pulls it back on as opposed to 12v.

theres a lad on fb who’s made his 24v and they’re just stupidly quick lol, I could see me pulling old grannies in if I did it?

Cheers for comments lads, pjj I wonder why your belt tensioning bolt is different to my Allen bolt, I’ve chopped about 5 metres of reel hose off now and I’m happy it won’t catch again.

as regards the overrun I can’t fault mine, seems to slow just right after I’ve yanked some hose out each time!

Den I’ve been thinking the same thing making mine remote switched again like my old reel I tried years ago but I used to find it fell off over the side of it wasn’t guided whereas this in theory should stay on the reel but I imagine unless guided across it could reel up on one side then fall off but still on the reel and then they have a nasty habit of ravelling themselves over each other, plus I think if you had it powered to 24v it may be better doing it remote as the extra power would help unkink hose quicker as it pulls it back on as opposed to 12v.

theres a lad on fb who’s made his 24v and they’re just stupidly quick lol, I could see me pulling old grannies in if I did it?
I have 3 of these reels two have Allen key adjusters one has a bolt , none of them are the same length ?... no idear why they are different lengths or types ?..

Was only thinking remote for a smaller percentage of the hose just to make walkin* back easier, I do use polymorph that reduces snags between the reel hose and pole hose but don’t eliminate them all, pole hose for example sometimes get stuck in decking. 

I have 3 of these reels two have Allen key adjusters one has a bolt , none of them are the same length ?... no idear why they are different lengths or types ?..
Think the promo video was a bolt, as long as they adjust that’s all that matters ?

Hi guys, 6months on whats your opinion on the new powerup? Any weaknesses? Still better than the older version? 

Others have mentioned that its slower and doesn't have the same pulling power? This cause any problems for work? 

Latest Posts

Back