Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump delayed dead end

Mx19

Been out today using 2 pumps and one of them would take a long time to dead end if at all and Was having Issues with flow rates etc at times. I calibrated it and it set at 7! which seemed to help the flow rate a little but still no DE, anyone experienced this before?

Are both pumps set to similar calibration and flow?

Have you tried bleeding it to see if there's air in the system?

My pump makes a quiet drumming vibration on the rare occasion there's air in the system. Disconnecting at the reel and running the pump fast usually clears it. On  very rare occasions I've had to suck the water and air through to sort it.

Please let us know, when you find the solution so we can add to the pool of knowledge. ?

Do you use a univalve? Do you mean when you pulled the univalve to stop the flow of water it didn’t DE? 
Exactly

Are both pumps set to similar calibration and flow?

Have you tried bleeding it to see if there's air in the system?

My pump makes a quiet drumming vibration on the rare occasion there's air in the system. Disconnecting at the reel and running the pump fast usually clears it. On  very rare occasions I've had to suck the water and air through to sort it.

Please let us know, when you find the solution so we can add to the pool of knowledge. ?
That was my thought as well! I’ll be trying that again tomorrow for sure!

Keep us posted. 
I had a problem with my pump, it had air in it, managed to sort that. I had the pressure switch connected as well as the controller. Took it to a company and he removed the pressure switch as he said the controller does the work, could you have the same problem, I only got it sorted yesterday. The flow has been great today and no air. 
mots only a guess, so now my controller DE when I shut flow of water with univalve. 

Today I Filled the tank, sucked through and airlock I think, ran the pump at 99 for a few minutes until water came through without spluttering and then recalibrated. One or all of those things have done the trick, will find out for sure tomorrow! But for now de seems to be kicking in and it’s running a lot cleaner.

On side note, a brodex 650l tank doesn’t actually hold anywhere near 650l (570) and the lids are sh1t haha, but that’s a rant for another day!

Today I Filled the tank, sucked through and airlock I think, ran the pump at 99 for a few minutes until water came through without spluttering and then recalibrated. One or all of those things have done the trick, will find out for sure tomorrow! But for now de seems to be kicking in and it’s running a lot cleaner.

On side note, a brodex 650l tank doesn’t actually hold anywhere near 650l (570) and the lids are sh1t haha, but that’s a rant for another day!
Hopefully you have it sorted and you'll know for next time. Thanks for the update. ??

Rant away mate, whenever you want to get it off your chest. The therapy is free on the forum. ??

I’m just happy I got it second hand!! I’d be a little ****** off If I’d paid the big bucks for it!! 

Their lids are another story, even with a sheet of plastic I seem to get leaks!!

A 650 liter Wydale tank holds 630 liters and that's from their own technical info on their website..

https://www.wydaleplastics.co.uk/Products/284/650-Litre-Upright-Tank.html

Its the same or used to be the same with poles. Gardiners tell you the length of each pole. An SLX22 is going to be 22' long. However there were some suppliers that counted 4' as part of the length. Many years ago before we learnt differently we ordered 2 Prolong 22' poles from Brodex. They were 18' long.

Update, it started happening today as soon as the water level dropped below the level or the pump outlet (but not near the end of the suction hose) What I think is happening is there is a leak where the suction host meets the tank wall so i removed it and wrapped ptfe tape and it seems to have sorted it for now. I will keep monitoring.

Back