Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facelift controller issue

Dale Transparent

Hi all, 

On Wednesday I got back to the van and my 2nd controller had powered itself on and was flashing between 'on/off', I didn't have time to look at it so just removed the fuse. Looked at it today and when I replace the fuse, the controller boots up and counts down from 40 to 0 as if the down button is sticking. I've removed the face plate and can't see anything that is physically causing the issue, would anyone be able to shed some light on the issue please. Stay safe, Dale

Hi all, 

On Wednesday I got back to the van and my 2nd controller had powered itself on and was flashing between 'on/off', I didn't have time to look at it so just removed the fuse. Looked at it today and when I replace the fuse, the controller boots up and counts down from 40 to 0 as if the down button is sticking. I've removed the face plate and can't see anything that is physically causing the issue, would anyone be able to shed some light on the issue please. Stay safe, Dale
@Ian Sheppard is the man for this one or maybe @spruce

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ian Sheppard is the right man. I'm sure he will ask its age and serial number. Is this the controller you were asking for a wiring diagram for a while back? Have you connected the battery up incorrectly recently?

This might help you a bit @Dale Transparent

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/topic/31810-pure-freedom-controller-gone-faulty-any-ideas/?tab=comments#comment-448101
Thanks again @spruce, I don't personally wire my equipment as it's a job well above my pay grade, a friend does this for me, he's previously done 2 systems and a powered reel for me, so I have every faith in his abilities. The strange thing is it worked fine for 2 days and on the 3rd day I had the issues and yeah, it's the controller I was asking for the wiring diagram. Thanks for your help ?

Thanks again @spruce, I don't personally wire my equipment as it's a job well above my pay grade, a friend does this for me, he's previously done 2 systems and a powered reel for me, so I have every faith in his abilities. The strange thing is it worked fine for 2 days and on the 3rd day I had the issues and yeah, it's the controller I was asking for the wiring diagram. Thanks for your help ?
Good morning Dale. The controller does seem to have developed a fault that is affecting the middle and right hand buttons. There are a number of possible causes of this. Can I ask for the controller serial number and who the controller was purchased from. Also a suggestion is to check the battery terminal connections and ensure they are tight. In particular the negative battery terminal connector. One chap last week had the issue your seeing and found the connections to the battery were loose. Tightening these solved the issue.

Cheers

Good morning Dale. The controller does seem to have developed a fault that is affecting the middle and right hand buttons. There are a number of possible causes of this. Can I ask for the controller serial number and who the controller was purchased from. Also a suggestion is to check the battery terminal connections and ensure they are tight. In particular the negative battery terminal connector. One chap last week had the issue your seeing and found the connections to the battery were loose. Tightening these solved the issue.

Cheers
Hi Ian, please see below image with serial no. Manufacture date. Purchased from another window cleaner. I've double checked connections and have replaced with an analogue controller which is working as should.

Cheers,

Dale

IMG_20200428_202456.jpg

Hi Ian, please see below image with serial no. Manufacture date. Purchased from another window cleaner. I've double checked connections and have replaced with an analogue controller which is working as should.

Cheers,

Dale

View attachment 20266
Hi Dale Thank you for the picture. Manufacture date for this was 15th Jan 2019. If you could send the controller back to us at Spring (Europe) Ltd Unit 9 April Court Sybron way, Crowborough TN6 3DZ we will inspect under warranty. The fact the controller powered its self up suggests a possible short circuit on the +12V power supply a possible cause of a short is moisture getting into the PCB. There is a good chance this is repairable. We can certainly check for you free of charge then advise before carrying out any repairs.

Hi Dale Thank you for the picture. Manufacture date for this was 15th Jan 2019. If you could send the controller back to us at Spring (Europe) Ltd Unit 9 April Court Sybron way, Crowborough TN6 3DZ we will inspect under warranty. The fact the controller powered its self up suggests a possible short circuit on the +12V power supply a possible cause of a short is moisture getting into the PCB. There is a good chance this is repairable. We can certainly check for you free of charge then advise before carrying out any repairs.
Hi Ian, that's great, thanks so much, will send it back asap

Back