Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner extreme sill with 100 degree jets

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Viggers

Hi, whilst at home this weekend I tried the above brush with the 100 degree grey jets. I normally use the gardiner supreme dupont with pencil jets. I thought I might try the 100 degree jets in the extreme sill brush. Literally ramped up the controller to 35 I normally have is set on 20. Quick blast round the white frame up and down once on the glass and rinsed on not off the glass. It was really hot today so glass was hot. Just walked round the house and not a bleamish or spot insight. I was mega quick just to experiment really. Must admit Im really impressed. The only this im wondering is what it would be like on dirty windows 8/9 weeks. I only did mine 3 weeks ago. Anybody use this set up on 2 monthly work.

I think the fact you upped your flow up to 35 accounted for a lot of the saved time. In my experience, unless the windows are on a busy road, industrial area or beside the sea, they won't actually be noticeably dirtier. Unless the birds have been busy of course.

Hi, whilst at home this weekend I tried the above brush with the 100 degree grey jets. I normally use the gardiner supreme dupont with pencil jets. I thought I might try the 100 degree jets in the extreme sill brush. Literally ramped up the controller to 35 I normally have is set on 20. Quick blast round the white frame up and down once on the glass and rinsed on not off the glass. It was really hot today so glass was hot. Just walked round the house and not a bleamish or spot insight. I was mega quick just to experiment really. Must admit Im really impressed. The only this im wondering is what it would be like on dirty windows 8/9 weeks. I only did mine 3 weeks ago. Anybody use this set up on 2 monthly work.
Yes, I use the same set up, Extreme Sill Brush and grey 100 degree fan jets for all my maintenance washes.

Most of our work is 6 weekly but some of the larger jobs are 8 weekly. My son mainly uses the Medium Mixed Sill Brush. We both use only the 100 degree fan jets. I've been using them since I first tried them probably about 2 years ago, having used the 50 degree fan jets for the previous 4 years. We use them very successfully no matter how dirty the job.

Son took a little longer to convince but neither of us will use any other jets now. I can't see any way of improving on this fan pattern, and pencil jets just don't make sense to either of us. Though I know a lot of people swear by them.

Rinsing on keeps all the water on the glass allowing it all to run down the glass taking the dirt with it. We don't use flocked brushes. Another reason we rinse on the glass is that especially on hydrophobic glass we find the bristles rupture the water droplets and rivulets that form and this allows for better sheeting of the curtain of rinse water.

We find the sweet spot on the settings is when we get a vibrant, lively fizzing sound when the brush is touching the window, like a firework sparkler. As I've said before "Embrace the fizz".

Our settings are about 50 on calibration and about the same on flow. We have shortened our working day by at least an hour or two for the same amount of work done. We feel it's a combination of better round organisation and the equipment we now use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah its really quick. and I have inspected every window and is was really hot here yesterday afternoon. Windows look cracking. Just a little nervous about throwing it straight into the front line,

I have the 350mm brush and went with 100% jets inside and 50% on the outside. Its working well and maybe try all 100% jets in the future. Took on window restoration for a customer and should finish it today. Will take a few photos to see what you think. Hard work but good money in it. ?

Yeah its really quick. and I have inspected every window and is was really hot here yesterday afternoon. Windows look cracking. Just a little nervous about throwing it straight into the front line,
I wouldn't be nervous mate, as long as your technique is sound (It sounds to me like it's fine). I'd crack on. We've never had a problem with them. Apart from the very occasional jet snapping if we snag them on the bottom of a downpipe or door.  A cheap and easy fix and rarely happens to us now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back