Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

where can i get a budget system for first time start up?

I have a 650 litre flat tank ,     get you set up,   don't need to fill to 650 litres,      200 / 400   to get going, just place reel on top on a base.

£60  

I have a 650 litre flat tank ,     get you set up,   don't need to fill to 650 litres,      200 / 400   to get going, just place reel on top on a base.

£60  
This is a great size tank if the vehicle is big enough and is capable of legally carrying the weight as business builds. It's big enough for two operators if you want to when you get busier. We have one the same against the bulkhead. It's an easy tank to fit a 2kw immersion to if you wanted to. We have our side door reel on a base on top of it as suggested. Works a treat. Second reel is just inside back door so two of us can work without getting in each others way.

If I was a single operator my preference would be working out of the side door as It's slightly handier. Only one door to open, it's a nice height to work from and as we generally work with our houses to the left it works a treat.

It sounds a very reasonable price too. ?

I don’t  like flat tanks , from experience I had nothing but trouble with air locks all the time , got rid of it and had upright ever since and never had an air lock . 

If I was a single operator my preference would be working out of the side door as It's slightly handier. Only one door to open, it's a nice height to work from and as we generally work with our houses to the left it works a treat.
My side door in the Crafter jammed up and I had a nightmare with it. I had to fit a new cable reel twice before I got it working again. I like to use the back doors because not much goes wrong with them especially after fitting the underfloor rollers and can keep it locked. Up here, they even stole the nurses bikes at the new hospital bike rack a few weeks ago.

I don’t  like flat tanks , from experience I had nothing but trouble with air locks all the time , got rid of it and had upright ever since and never had an air lock . 
I know a lot of people don't like flat tanks because of airlocks. I used to get them when I first started but I figured a very easy remedy.

I fitted a nylon non return valve in the 1/2 hose just above the tank outlet. Extremely rare to get a problem now even when the water level is down to about 1 1/2 inches.

I also like how easy it was to fit an immersion just above the bottom of the tank, and the fact that the top of the tank makes a very usable 4x3 ft work shelf for the side reel, side pole and other equipment, so effectively no real floor space  is lost.

Long live diversity and differences of opinion. Eh ?

Last edited by a moderator:
My side door in the Crafter jammed up and I had a nightmare with it. I had to fit a new cable reel twice before I got it working again. I like to use the back doors because not much goes wrong with them especially after fitting the underfloor rollers and can keep it locked. Up here, they even stole the nurses bikes at the new hospital bike rack a few weeks ago.
Touch wood, we never have issues with the side doors of the Vito. Quite the opposite we find them very good.

Touch wood, we never have issues with the side doors of the Vito. Quite the opposite we find them very good.
I bought the Sprinter cables because its the same van. When you open the door the cable slides along a snake like track. If the track comes apart then you need to fit a whole new track. My mechanic wouldn't touch it and said it was a van bodybuilders job. I did it myself twice because the first time it broke again in winter, nightmare. Don't let anything get into the track and oil it regularly which I do now. ? 

I know a lot of people don't like flat tanks because of airlocks. I used to get them when I first started but I figured a very easy remedy.

I fitted a nylon non return valve in the 1/2 hose just above the tank outlet. Extremely rare to get a problem now even when the water level is down to about 1 1/2 inches.

I also like how easy it was to fit an immersion just above the bottom of the tank, and the fact that the top of the tank makes a very usable 4x3 ft work shelf for the side reel, side pole and other equipment, so effectively no real floor space  is lost.

Long live diversity and differences of opinion. Eh ?
Where I live and work you are either facing down or up a steep hill , I found when the tank was half full if facing the wrong way there wasn’t any water at the outlet , causing all kinds of problems after 2 weeks I realised it wasn’t going to work so got rid of it and had an upright never had an air lock since ??

Where I live and work you are either facing down or up a steep hill , I found when the tank was half full if facing the wrong way there wasn’t any water at the outlet , causing all kinds of problems after 2 weeks I realised it wasn’t going to work so got rid of it and had an upright never had an air lock since ??
Oh yeah! Very good point with the really steep Cornish hills. That's a whole different ball game to the gently rolling hills of the Wiltshire Downs and the Cotswolds. I'm really missing Cornwall our crew usually go down there in June for the West Cornwall Sea Kayak Meet at St Judes near Lands End. I don't think it will happen this year with the current crisis. Next year, hopefully.

Back