Basics of Softwash

Billy Wesson Clearwater

Billy Wesson Clearwater

Hi All,

Traditionally we are a commercial window cleaning company and recently we have been cleaning the cladding on warehouses and the jobs are becoming frequent as well as
cleaning Render. 

We have used a basic backpack system to clean the render as it wasn't that big, but when it comes to the warehouse cleaning we need a system that would pump the softwash to a height of 40ft... now ive seen loads of people say you need special pumps ect and systems that costs thousands.

I have a spare brodex window cleaning system that is no longer in use, could i use this as a softwash system or would the pumps very quickly fail? I have two 250litre tanks that one could hold the mixed solution and the other for rinsing... 

Any advise be great.

Thanks

You do  need chemical resistant pumps speak to ben Marriot at Rutland pumps I built a softwashing machine myself it’s dead easy , cost me around £1200 and that was having custom tanks made to my own specification   

2CA1ED30-7E2A-4D08-8FCA-69437E326D56.jpeg

38BBD0EB-9FBB-486D-8A83-CA8E1119348E.jpeg

F31EBF57-5BBC-4DEE-9CC3-5A8BCE123AF7.jpeg

663BC91A-BD1F-4ECC-B13F-20771A2823C2.jpeg

150C957D-32E8-442E-B17E-769C068C879E.jpeg

79AE3BB5-2154-468C-952D-A3066A83A982.jpeg

Could you talk us through that system @Pjj? Looks like one lower litre per minute 12v pump and one higher litre per minute? One for applying and one for rinsing? Or one for hypo one for biocide? I can only tell by the fact one has a 30amp spring controller. Looks like a great setup! 👍

12 hours ago, JBC said:

Could you talk us through that system @Pjj? Looks like one lower litre per minute 12v pump and one higher litre per minute? One for applying and one for rinsing? Or one for hypo one for biocide? I can only tell by the fact one has a 30amp spring controller. Looks like a great setup! 👍

You basically have got it right , the big pump is I think 26 ltr per muinit and for  rinsing , the smaller pump is up to 11 ltr per muinit and is for applying chemicals , hypo ,biocides etc each pump is connected to a 300 ltr tank with a custom designed tank with sloping bottom so it drains compleatly and can be flushed out easily , it’s an awesome bit of kit . 😂😂

Cool, thanks for that @Pjj 😀 it does look like a great time saver, faster than me and my backpack 😂 I’m hoping to use my pressure washer for rinsing, like in the Benz videos. I’ve ordered a sniper nozzle from Rutland pumps, hopefully speed the process up. 👍