Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Basics of Softwash

Hi All,

Traditionally we are a commercial window cleaning company and recently we have been cleaning the cladding on warehouses and the jobs are becoming frequent as well as
cleaning Render. 

We have used a basic backpack system to clean the render as it wasn't that big, but when it comes to the warehouse cleaning we need a system that would pump the softwash to a height of 40ft... now ive seen loads of people say you need special pumps ect and systems that costs thousands.

I have a spare brodex window cleaning system that is no longer in use, could i use this as a softwash system or would the pumps very quickly fail? I have two 250litre tanks that one could hold the mixed solution and the other for rinsing... 

Any advise be great.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2771.jpg
    IMG_2771.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 0
You do  need chemical resistant pumps speak to ben Marriot at Rutland pumps I built a softwashing machine myself it’s dead easy , cost me around £1200 and that was having custom tanks made to my own specification   

2CA1ED30-7E2A-4D08-8FCA-69437E326D56.jpeg

38BBD0EB-9FBB-486D-8A83-CA8E1119348E.jpeg

F31EBF57-5BBC-4DEE-9CC3-5A8BCE123AF7.jpeg

663BC91A-BD1F-4ECC-B13F-20771A2823C2.jpeg

150C957D-32E8-442E-B17E-769C068C879E.jpeg

79AE3BB5-2154-468C-952D-A3066A83A982.jpeg

Could you talk us through that system @Pjj? Looks like one lower litre per minute 12v pump and one higher litre per minute? One for applying and one for rinsing? Or one for hypo one for biocide? I can only tell by the fact one has a 30amp spring controller. Looks like a great setup! ?

Could you talk us through that system @Pjj? Looks like one lower litre per minute 12v pump and one higher litre per minute? One for applying and one for rinsing? Or one for hypo one for biocide? I can only tell by the fact one has a 30amp spring controller. Looks like a great setup! ?
You basically have got it right , the big pump is I think 26 ltr per muinit and for  rinsing , the smaller pump is up to 11 ltr per muinit and is for applying chemicals , hypo ,biocides etc each pump is connected to a 300 ltr tank with a custom designed tank with sloping bottom so it drains compleatly and can be flushed out easily , it’s an awesome bit of kit . ??

Cool, thanks for that @Pjj ? it does look like a great time saver, faster than me and my backpack ? I’m hoping to use my pressure washer for rinsing, like in the Benz videos. I’ve ordered a sniper nozzle from Rutland pumps, hopefully speed the process up. ?

Back