Jump to content
Teddington Window Cleaners

Hands and dealing with Eczema

Recommended Posts

Teddington Window Cleaners

So my squeegee hand 😉 has always had Eczema pretty much since I started many years ago and even when i stopped it remained. 

Now I'm back for good, things can only get worse not better 😞 

Does anyone have any advice? 

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
12 minutes ago, Teddington Window Cleaners said:

So my squeegee hand 😉 has always had Eczema pretty much since I started many years ago and even when i stopped it remained. 

Now I'm back for good, things can only get worse not better 😞 

Does anyone have any advice? 

A good barrier cream whilst working, possibly gloves as well, and a moisturiser after I would've thought. I'm no dermatologist though

Share this post


Link to post
Bart90
1 hour ago, Teddington Window Cleaners said:

So my squeegee hand 😉 has always had Eczema pretty much since I started many years ago and even when i stopped it remained. 

Now I'm back for good, things can only get worse not better 😞 

Does anyone have any advice? 

I would definitely use disposable gloves 🙂  

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj

Go and see your doctor  it could be a simple fix , he should refer you to a dermatologist. 

Share this post


Link to post
johnny bravo

e45 cream       make sure its the Cream 

ill send a pic.       ive used  lots, this is the best.   

Share this post


Link to post
wgwindows

@Teddington Window Cleaners I have sensitive skin and my wife works with me sometimes and she has eczema which is especially bad on her hands at times. You’d probably be best seeing your doctor, but two tips from me are:

1. don’t use washing up liquid in your bucket. It really plays our skin up. We use unger liquid and it’s much kinder on your skin.

2. We got recommended a cream to use for after work. It’s called O’Keeffe’s Skin Repair. Comes in a yellow pump bottle. You only need a little bit to rub in. It’s great stuff and we bought it from the supermarket. Can also get it in the chemist etc.

Hope this is some help for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Jjamie

Use your other hand! I have 2 squeegee hands lol 

I use O’Keeffe’s hand cream working hands very good only need a pea size twice  a day before you start and when your done 

And as @wgwindows says the yellow bottle  O’Keeffe’s pump action good for itchy skin expansive but well wroth it

 

Share this post


Link to post
johnny bravo

tried o keefs also,    Mrs got me a tub as a add on xmas prezzie,    yes I know    how sad.    e45 cream beats it.  500g  pump container.    last 5 times longer than o keeffe s     had no cream for a  2  month ,  found e45  cream.      Skin back to normal now after sharp flaky skin on fingers . Only after a few days using e45.             Make sure its the 500g  pump action  Cream.     The others are like a moisturiser only

Share this post


Link to post
NoName
40 minutes ago, johnny bravo said:

Mrs got me a tub as a add on xmas prezzie,    yes I know    how sad

Aah….now that's true love in action.....or maybe she just wanted her olay back😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Martyn

From personal experience the best thing you can do is go WFP. Not a total cure but a game changer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Teddington Window Cleaners
12 hours ago, Jjamie said:

Use your other hand! I have 2 squeegee hands lol 

I use O’Keeffe’s hand cream working hands very good only need a pea size twice  a day before you start and when your done 

And as @wgwindows says the yellow bottle  O’Keeffe’s pump action good for itchy skin expansive but well wroth it

 

Brilliant! I do use the other hand sometimes 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Jango

Holland and Baratt sell a cream called skin clear, it was recommended by someone who had seen a specialist. They found it cleared the eczema up. The only thing you won’t work with it on because it is like a thick paste. But it’s very good. Hope you get sorted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Teddington Window Cleaners
10 hours ago, Jango said:

Holland and Baratt sell a cream called skin clear, it was recommended by someone who had seen a specialist. They found it cleared the eczema up. The only thing you won’t work with it on because it is like a thick paste. But it’s very good. Hope you get sorted. 

Might be good to put on at night? 

Share this post


Link to post
paulben

Washing up liquid splits my skin within days Sainsbury's own make for sensitive skin good . Was advised by a dermatologist to put a bit of baby oil on then use disposable gloves .

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel Perkins

Have you tried wearing cotton gloves underneath surgical ones? Have a bit of contact dermatitis myself from detergents over the years & gripping handles and I sympathise as it can be a nightmare.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.