Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

R.O Recommendations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RWCleaning

Alright chaps, hope you’re all well & keeping those hands clean!

The only thing I don’t have a great deal of experience or knowledge on is R.O systems. I currently have a small 600gpd r.o from waterfedpole.co with a little booster pump from varitech systems. The r.o was bought around May 2016, booster pump a year later. The booster is slowly on its way out, partly due to me accidentally leaving it on continuous a few times and even running it dry all night once, it’s just got louder & slightly slowly I think ? 

my membranes are due their second change over later this year, and that’s £200, I’m thinking of putting that money towards a new system instead as well as the money of another booster pump sooner or later. 

So recommendations please. Things to bear in mind-

•my tap pressure is only 18-20 psi without a pump.

•Don’t want to spend anymore than £800-£1000 MAX, INCLUDING booster pump (also is there a booster pump you can run continuously without damaging it?? Mine is on a timer switch)

•easy to maintain & get head around setting up haha

Cheers

Wow that is very low PSI, what happens when you have 2 taps running in the house?

I would recommend a 4040 R/O System then with Booster pump as you will need it with your PSI.

Wow that is very low PSI, what happens when you have 2 taps running in the house?

I would recommend a 4040 R/O System then with Booster pump as you will need it with your PSI.
Yeh I know, terrible water pressure. I live on my own most of the time, but I do try and remember to switch the r.o off before I have a shower, or it can be a really annoying shower with regular changing temperatures haha!! Oh well.

ok thanks, is there a booster pump than can run for say 3-6 hours continually (without damaging it long term) ?

Yeh I know, terrible water pressure. I live on my own most of the time, but I do try and remember to switch the r.o off before I have a shower, or it can be a really annoying shower with regular changing temperatures haha!! Oh well.

ok thanks, is there a booster pump than can run for say 3-6 hours continually (without damaging it long term) ?
How much pure do you need  to produce a day?

I have the 40/21 and get roughly 500 litres in 4 hours. My water pressure here is about 30 so i use the booster and its fine with it on for that 4 hours, Im not sure on the safe/recommended limit for use.

Its a shurflo booster, got it from daqua, same as the 40/21, together, should be within your budget (presume you already have, say, 11 litre di)

This booster, seems great, I run it to just under 100 psi (careful not to close the waste valve on the Ro too much to get it higher, as you could mess up the membrane) In a nutshell, that 40/21 gets my 530 tds tap water down to 12, then the resin polishes it off. With the terrible low pressure, without a booster would take much longer to produce pure, and also have a lot more waste. As I have it, its roughly 60%waste 40% pure ( 15 seconds for half litre pure, 10 seconds half litre of waste)

I have the 40/21 and get roughly 500 litres in 4 hours. My water pressure here is about 30 so i use the booster and its fine with it on for that 4 hours, Im not sure on the safe/recommended limit for use.

Its a shurflo booster, got it from daqua, same as the 40/21, together, should be within your budget (presume you already have, say, 11 litre di)

This booster, seems great, I run it to just under 100 psi (careful not to close the waste valve on the Ro too much to get it higher, as you could mess up the membrane) In a nutshell, that 40/21 gets my 530 tds tap water down to 12, then the resin polishes it off. With the terrible low pressure, without a booster would take much longer to produce pure, and also have a lot more waste. As I have it, its roughly 60%waste 40% pure ( 15 seconds for half litre pure, 10 seconds half litre of waste)
Also I should have said, I could leave mine for a few hours, but dont use a timer etc so make sure im home to switch all off when tank full.Suits me ok.

Ok mate could you put up a link to it? 
Yeh I don’t need to produce loads, anything from 300-500Ls on a work day. At the moment when my booster pump runs it can take the psi up to about 70psi with the valve fully closed.

My TDS is about 285 here, but comes out at 7 after the r.o. When I first changed the membranes & pre filters. Probably around 10-12 now. I have the booster pump on a timer if 90 minutes on then 90 minutes off. On a winters night (when it’s slower) I’ll switch it on about 10/11pm and at 7:30/8 I turn it off and it’s full again. Waste to pure isn’t good, maybe 80% waste 20% pure.

Yeh I don’t need to produce loads, anything from 300-500Ls on a work day. At the moment when my booster pump runs it can take the psi up to about 70psi with the valve fully closed.

My TDS is about 285 here, but comes out at 7 after the r.o. When I first changed the membranes & pre filters. Probably around 10-12 now. I have the booster pump on a timer if 90 minutes on then 90 minutes off. On a winters night (when it’s slower) I’ll switch it on about 10/11pm and at 7:30/8 I turn it off and it’s full again. Waste to pure isn’t good, maybe 80% waste 20% pure.
If you can close your waste gate valve then you should surely be able to adjust it to get a 60 waste to 40 pure ratio

Something up with the forum? I just typed out a long answer and the Blo@dy screen came up ' your bla bla etc is not secure, so now gotta type out again. never had that before.

Anyway, yeh just look on daqua site, you'll find the ro and booster on there. 40/21 about 400 quid and booster about 300. But Im not sure if you can use a timer on the booster. I dont, but I just make sure im home when the tanks soon to be full, easy enough to time.

If you phone Daqua, you can usually speak to doug, and he will run through it all and give best advise. 80% waste! if your on a meter that aint good. You should be able to get it much better, I know the booster helped me a lot, with speed of production and less waste.

Back