Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone converted there round to just 6 weekly

Laugher

Currently got a 4/8 weekly round which regularly turns into 5/10 weekly with how busy I am, been thinking of converting to just 6 weekly anyone else done this?

Yeah 6 weekly is for sure the sweet spot.... can book more jobs in at a higher price and they're still pretty clean each time

Last edited by a moderator:
Bi monthlys have become abit of a pain to try and even out each month, and a lot of new customers have asked about 6 weekly service. Just thinking that 6 weekly only would be easier as each time just going from A to Z 

Financially it really makes sense if you can get enough work to fill the extra 2 weeks:

For arguments sake:

100 jobs per week at £15 per job = £1500 

Over 12 weeks (3 cleans)£18000

6 weekly 

100 jobs per week at £20 = £2000

Over 12 weeks (2 cleans) £24000

Need 200 extra jobs To fill the extra 2 weeks

Make £24000 extra on a 48 week year

Obviously figures are simplified!

This is something I’m seriously considering ?
Do it Den me old son.

I toyed with the idea for years.

Never realised how easy it would make things.

Monthly customers didn't mind and only 1 2 monthly customer objected.

He's not my customer now lol.

All depends if you can hike the prices though and at what percentage, this has been discussed quite a bit on here before, to be honest they would need to go up a bit, returning back to work my jobs haven't been done for 6-7 weeks once I get caught up and the windows have been filthy and took quite bit of extra time, mine may go to 5 weekly without an increase in these current times 

Do it Den me old son.

I toyed with the idea for years.

Never realised how easy it would make things.

Monthly customers didn't mind and only 1 2 monthly customer objected.

He's not my customer now lol.
Think it on the cards especially from next year as I would to cut back on work ?

All depends if you can hike the prices though and at what percentage, this has been discussed quite a bit on here before, to be honest they would need to go up a bit, returning back to work my jobs haven't been done for 6-7 weeks once I get caught up and the windows have been filthy and took quite bit of extra time, mine may go to 5 weekly without an increase in these current times 
this last month or so has been a dirty one anyway, the change in weather has brought the insects out so its cobwebs galore and the tree pollen has been terrible too. my own windows have been filthy after a few days.

i didn't put my prices up at all when I changed, I actually reduced the 8 weekly ones so everything matched. i did it purely for convenience. im making the same hourly rate with a lot less hassle.

I should be able to fill the extra 2 weeks quite easily I think. The plan is to only do 4 days a week window cleaning to help not get behind like I currently do and to fit in add on jobs in the week so I'm not working weekends. My round is due a price increase as last one was 2016 some haven't even been increased in 10 years. However that is been delayed until things get back to normal.

this last month or so has been a dirty one anyway, the change in weather has brought the insects out so its cobwebs galore and the tree pollen has been terrible too. my own windows have been filthy after a few days.

i didn't put my prices up at all when I changed, I actually reduced the 8 weekly ones so everything matched. i did it purely for convenience. im making the same hourly rate with a lot less hassle.
Just a lot more dust been blowing around we haven't had much rain at all for about 7 weeks so extra cleaning plus people been in at the moment is slowing me down. 

I have over 400 jobs on my rounds, lets say 400, so around 393 of those are 4 weekly three jobs are 6 weekly and four are 8 weekly so it any change even to 5 weekly will impact quite a bit on my income annually, I reckon for now I'll cull some work and just have an easy 4 day week 

Just a lot more dust been blowing around we haven't had much rain at all for about 7 weeks so extra cleaning plus people been in at the moment is slowing me down. 

I have over 400 jobs on my rounds, lets say 400, so around 393 of those are 4 weekly three jobs are 6 weekly and four are 8 weekly so it any change even to 5 weekly will impact quite a bit on my income annually, I reckon for now I'll cull some work and just have an easy 4 day week 
That’s whats I’m thinking I clean 3 to 4 days a week and my son can have his 5 days a weeks that way just the running cost of one van.  6 week frequency would be just about right if I decide to change from 4 and 8 weekly. 

Its probably not worth it for you. I changed because i had 30-40% on 8 weeks, so keeping it organised would be a nightmare if I got behind either having to double back or going up to 12 weeks between cleans. I would also regularly get 4 weekly customers wanting to skip cleans when i was bang on time because it was too frequent. this very rarely happens now.

New customers are given 2 prices the first clean/one-off/ad-hoc and a 6 weekly thats about 30% cheaper. i stopped scheduling domestic jobs for any longer than 6 weeks, most people are happy with that when offered and when i am occasionally asked for a longer frequency, they call me and i arrange it at the higher price for when it suits me.

That’s whats I’m thinking I clean 3 to 4 days a week and my son can have his 5 days a weeks that way just the running cost of one van.  6 week frequency would be just about right if I decide to change from 4 and 8 weekly. 
To be honest Den I really like having my set schedule as in getting through all my planned work each week, which I usually manage to do just not currently, not really that bothered at the moment either, I should have been at work all day yesterday but sacked it off completely and went down the allotment for 6 hours instead as I had quite a bit to do anyway. 

Its probably not worth it for you. I changed because i had 30-40% on 8 weeks, so keeping it organised would be a nightmare if I got behind either having to double back or going up to 12 weeks between cleans. I would also regularly get 4 weekly customers wanting to skip cleans when i was bang on time because it was too frequent. this very rarely happens now.

New customers are given 2 prices the first clean/one-off/ad-hoc and a 6 weekly thats about 30% cheaper. i stopped scheduling domestic jobs for any longer than 6 weeks, most people are happy with that when offered and when i am occasionally asked for a longer frequency, they call me and i arrange it at the higher price for when it suits me.
Loads of house building has gone on for 9-10 years in my area and will continue for some time yet so always plenty of dust flying around so 4 weekly is spot on, 5 weekly may come more organically overtime.

I’m 4 and 8 weekly but have so much work it’s more like 5/10 weekly. Suits me just carrying on  this way. Was hoping for price increases myself but that’s out the window this year. I’ve a few decent customers that have upped them theirselves. A good lot of people asking if it’s still the same price but I’ve just said it was in the plans for an increase but I don’t think it’s the right thing to do at present 

I’m 4 and 8 weekly but have so much work it’s more like 5/10 weekly. Suits me just carrying on  this way. Was hoping for price increases myself but that’s out the window this year. I’ve a few decent customers that have upped them theirselves. A good lot of people asking if it’s still the same price but I’ve just said it was in the plans for an increase but I don’t think it’s the right thing to do at present 
I was 4 and 8 and it becomes a nightmare when each cycle is different from the last.

Plus the odd 6 weekly also.

Now all 6 weekly my round never changes except the quarterly flats I have but do them once finished normal work for the day anyway.

That and the 3 weeks I spent on lockdown means i have days in 1 or 2 roads all day now where I have moved stuff about.

I’m fixed 4 weekly I do have four legacy 8 weekly but not taking on anything other than 4 from now on for much the same reason pointed out above, if you have fixed days/rounds it’s less planning. I can see why many see 6 weekly as a sweet spot as sometimes I do feel like I’ve only just cleaned the windows and am back again.

Back