Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how much to charge for a dirty conservatory that needs pressure washing first?

Depends if its outside and inside? Depends if its a monthly or 8 weekly clean and when was the last time it was cleaned. There many factors involved that only experience will work it all out.

so i keep getting jobs with filthy conservatories and was wondering how much you guys charge for these types of jobs ? cheers matt .
Do not pressure wash the roof!

You'll get it clean but you'll force dirt and moss under the rubber seals on the roof bars. This will lift the rubber seals and provide a perfect environment for the moss to grow even more. This will allow more dirt in and will allow the moss to grow bigger. Not only does it look horrible but it could eventually cause leaks and also make later cleans more difficult.

I've come across it quite a few times, mainly after it's been previously done DIY. Conservatory roofs are designed for water coming down and sideways from rain, not for water being forced up or sideways under the sort of pressure produced by a powerwasher.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn’t pressure wash a conservatory asking for trouble , Price is dependant on size, access, inside ? Or just outside ? Polycarbonate or glass roof , time takes , what’s the contaminant , what’s the price of the chemicals needed .

Yeh definitely wouldn’t risk pressure washer a cony roof. I’ve had one or two leak before just using a wfp. Just give it a soak, cover it in degreaser, use a stiff brush go over everything, then use a medium brush, go over everything again, then give it a ‘final rinse off’ about 3 times lol. Plastic ones, even if they’re filthy are ok, I try to avoid doing filthy glass ones. If it’s self cleaning glass don’t use any chemicals.

Price wise take a guess at how many hour(s) it’ll take, then whatever your hourly rate is: £15ph/£20ph/£30ph/£50ph etc etc. I’m aiming for £35ph on everything at the moment, so if I wanted the job & thought it’ll take 2hrs for example, then £65/£70. If I didn’t really want the job I’d say £80/£90.
If you’ve not cleaned many I guarantee it’ll take maybe 25%-50% longer than you thought if it’s a biggish glass one. I remember quoting one, thought it would take 3hrs, took me 5!! It was massive & dirty! But half way through I considered just going home and taking a loss hahaha

Yeh definitely wouldn’t risk pressure washer a cony roof. I’ve had one or two leak before just using a wfp. Just give it a soak, cover it in degreaser, use a stiff brush go over everything, then use a medium brush, go over everything again, then give it a ‘final rinse off’ about 3 times lol. Plastic ones, even if they’re filthy are ok, I try to avoid doing filthy glass ones. If it’s self cleaning glass don’t use any chemicals.

Price wise take a guess at how many hour(s) it’ll take, then whatever your hourly rate is: £15ph/£20ph/£30ph/£50ph etc etc. I’m aiming for £35ph on everything at the moment, so if I wanted the job & thought it’ll take 2hrs for example, then £65/£70. If I didn’t really want the job I’d say £80/£90.
If you’ve not cleaned many I guarantee it’ll take maybe 25%-50% longer than you thought if it’s a biggish glass one. I remember quoting one, thought it would take 3hrs, took me 5!! It was massive & dirty! But half way through I considered just going home and taking a loss hahaha
I always quote higher than hourly rate or there is no point not doing regular houses while wasting time doing a conny.

Self cleaning glass is fine with a bit of hypo to kill the muck.. that's what I regularly use.

I always quote higher than hourly rate or there is no point not doing regular houses while wasting time doing a conny.

Self cleaning glass is fine with a bit of hypo to kill the muck.. that's what I regularly use.
Oh really?? Fair play if so, I have used weak ubix before and even though it’s been fine, I didn’t want to recommend it. 

I do a fair bit of softwash so know what I'm doing with it.

No more than 1% on a roof or the upvc will temporarily stain orange.

Also you need to know the roof doesn't leak.

Bleach/water in a spray bottle is good enough for stubborn organic stains.

This is where I originally got the idea from.

2nd part of this vid.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a minimum price of £65 for any conservatory roof and for that it would be small bigger ones are £100-150 just for the roof , whole conservatory clean in and out start from £250  upwards , not interested for anything less , it’s a lot of work to get it spotless as many customers find out when trying to do it them???

Blimey fair play.

I have a tiny plastic one on my round which I do twice a year, it’s tiny, just one sided and takes about 10 minutes, no chemical just pure. All from the ground no ladder needed. Would you charge £65 extra for that? 

Blimey fair play.

I have a tiny plastic one on my round which I do twice a year, it’s tiny, just one sided and takes about 10 minutes, no chemical just pure. All from the ground no ladder needed. Would you charge £65 extra for that? 
Doesn’t sound like much , but minimum price is minimum price , if it was a very good customer or oap I would probably do it for less if we had a bit of spare time , problem is you can end up with a load of very poor paying extra jobs if you arnt careful and end up with little money at the end of the day especially if employing 

Doesn’t sound like much , but minimum price is minimum price , if it was a very good customer or oap I would probably do it for less if we had a bit of spare time , problem is you can end up with a load of very poor paying extra jobs if you arnt careful and end up with little money at the end of the day especially if employing 
Yeh fair enough. I’m trying to implement a minimum price of £30 for the gutter vac, but when it’s just the front of a 2 bed bungalow that needs doing for a sweet old lady it’s hard sometimes etc. 

Yeh fair enough. I’m trying to implement a minimum price of £30 for the gutter vac, but when it’s just the front of a 2 bed bungalow that needs doing for a sweet old lady it’s hard sometimes etc. 
We have a minimum price of £65 for gutter vac work I like £65 ???  but in a situation like what you have described we always do 6+ jobs per day so would do it last job of the day and do it a bit cheaper . 

We have a minimum price of £65 for gutter vac work I like £65 ???  but in a situation like what you have described we always do 6+ jobs per day so would do it last job of the day and do it a bit cheaper . 
I saw a flyer a while ago, it came through my door, gutters cleared from £69.99!
You need to put your prices up @Pjj

I pressure washed one before . Best thing I ever done for this particular job and imo by far the quickest. This was absolutely brutally dirty though 

I think he has pressure washed it and is hunting around for the decorative pieces of the ridge in the neighbouring gardens ?

Latest Posts

Back