Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Overspray (fence, shed paint) on conservatory roof

Baldmonkey

Hi guys, anyone know of anything that can remove tiny overspray dots of fence or shed stain from a conservatory roof (glass) it covers every inch of glass but nothing I'm using will touch it, I've used ubik, virasol and an around cleaner. 

Magic erasers will shift it with elbow grease but can't reach all the way up

Thanks guys

Some sort of thinners  should get it off ??? But obviously need to be able to track it all price it well ???

Thinners is an oil based product. It won't take fencing paint off which is water based.

Thinners is what the name suggests. It's just an oil based paint thinner. To soften oil based paint we soaked the spraygun we were repairing in a container of acetone. The softened paint then had to be cleaned off manually.

Scouring pads will work but the downside is that they will scuff the finish of the upvc.

It's not your problem @Baldmonkey. I won't get involved with anything like that. We have been washing the side of a conservatory for 12 years and the fencing paint that was oversprayed onto it before then is still as good as it was when we started cleaning.

We wash windows and the frames but our remit isn't to do a conservatory restore.

I would probably remove the paint from the glass with a scraper if asked but that would be at the customer's risk and will cost extra.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, customer was sound, she understood that it wasn't my fault or something I should be resolving, just prefer to if possible

Thanks guys, customer was sound, she understood that it wasn't my fault or something I should be resolving, just prefer to if possible
At least they understood I had decent custy for well over a year, then he decided to spray his fence he covered the back door and two windows in brown stain the house was less than 2 years old and the composite door and windows looked a mess he asked me about getting it off the window frames and door I told him it would take a lot of time to remove if at all off the white wood grain effect door, I advised what may work but I think he expected me to take it off and not charge, he remained decent enough with me but a few months down the line he asked me to stop and that was 18 months ago and only last week I saw another cleaner there. 

At least they understood I had decent custy for well over a year, then he decided to spray his fence he covered the back door and two windows in brown stain the house was less than 2 years old and the composite door and windows looked a mess he asked me about getting it off the window frames and door I told him it would take a lot of time to remove if at all off the white wood grain effect door, I advised what may work but I think he expected me to take it off and not charge, he remained decent enough with me but a few months down the line he asked me to stop and that was 18 months ago and only last week I saw another cleaner there. 
It will be almost impossible to get that stuff out of the indentations of a wood effect door.

I always say that fencing paint only lasts a couple of years on wood but lasts forever on plastic window frames and sills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a living nightmare. Just say you have no experience in this, and you don’t feel comfortable attempting, they’ll understand. 
If the customer really wants to sort it they’ll have to get the neighbour involved. 

It will be almost impossible to get that stuff out of the indentations of a wood effect door.

I always say that fencing paint only lasts a couple of years on wood but lasts forever on plastic window frames and sills.
That was my thinking also so I wasn't going to undertake it I did say it would take me some time and I would have to charge accordingly then advised how he could remove it, he had used one of those sprayers so it was everywhere even on one of his neighbours windows his only option for the door would be to have it professionally painted.

Latest Posts

Back