Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unger Hydropower RO Mobile System

£5k, will stay with my much cheaper van mount thanks.
I can see this system being the future as it ticks all the boxes bar hotwater. If ones van is broke or in an accident then you could run this from a car as long as a customer has an outside tap. I could do 80% of my work with this system. Downside is, its easily stolen. I reckon they will get cheaper in the future.

Anyway I'm off to PW our communal paths, as they say we are in this together. ?

it's design and purpose is for large commercial where a high volume of water is needed that a van couldn't carry.

you plug in to a site tap and it can produce around 350 litre an hour supplying 2 operators.

it would be a very expensive way of using it as a van mount for domestics.

it's design and purpose is for large commercial where a high volume of water is needed that a van couldn't carry.

you plug in to a site tap and it can produce around 350 litre an hour supplying 2 operators.

I gotcha, it has its place then, but no point for most of us.

My van mount more than keeps two of us going all day. Only use for this for me is on remote sites where you can't get a van to. Something like big solar panel farms as long as there's a water feed.

The IPC Eagle cart if anyone has seen them that is a good design as is a petrol booster pump. I don't think they do them now but I service one and is well made.

To operate from mains water a 4021 would be sufficient and some time back I made a video using a small booster pump which made the difference in water flow. 

I can see this system being the future
Can't see it myself - it's far too niche - most of us want/need to rock up and be on the glass in secs and then onto the next house asap - repeat all day - this would be too unwieldy/time-consuming imo - beside it's not new it's been out a while - and not taking the world by storm yet...

Not bad if to supply pure say for abseiling down a high rise etc - like PT said remote isolated areas...not a run of the mill solution imo

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s ideal for large commercial but no good for domestic and you would need to use the customers water supplies some wouldn’t allow that or might not have a tap , it would mean you could use a much smaller van if you didn’t have to carry 1000 + ltr fir jobs .  

Can't see myself - it's too far niche - most of need to rock and be on the glass in secs and then onto the next house asap - repeat all day - this would be too unwieldy/time-consuming imo - beside it's not new it's been out a while - and not taking the world by storm...

Not bad if to supply pure say for abseiling down a high rise etc - like PT said remote isolate area...not a run of the mill solution imo
It’s very similar to the ionics Quattro I had one of them years ago and was good for commercial 

It’s ideal for large commercial but no good for domestic and you would need to use the customers water supplies some wouldn’t allow that or might not have a tap , it would mean you could use a much smaller van if you didn’t have to carry 1000 + ltr fir jobs .  

It’s very similar to the ionics Quattro I had one of them years ago and was good for commercial 
I like the idea that its portable but you need a tap or a tank of water in van and a pump to pump it in. Seems like a lot of bother and would be better with an installed system in the end. I seem to have changed my mind after reading your views on the matter.

https://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/water-fed-equipment/trolleys-and-backpack/unger-hydropower-ro-m-system

This unit is made in Germany and could be the future of van systems. All your van would need is a big tap water tank and pump I guess.
The problem with companies like unger is they will want to make lots of money from you long term.

The filters will be expensive and you will only be able to buy them from them.

I bought a unger belt over 25 years ago which i still use today, i must have bought 10 belts with the plastic clip ( mines metal ) in that time.

Things are made to be replaced in a few years now.

Back