Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water fed pole or traditional cleaning what is generally prefered by customers?

AllGleam

Hi, all I'm just starting up my business and wanted a general insight what customers prefer on your patches water fed pole system or traditional cleaning method?

Hi, all I'm just starting up my business and wanted a general insight what customers prefer on your patches water fed pole system or traditional cleaning method?
I don’t think the customers have much idear but they like  clean frames and wfp will dk  a better job in a much quicker time with you stood on the ground so from a H&S aspect it’s a no brainier , also you will be able to clean windows with wfp that you couldn’t get to trad . Having done  both fir many years my choose would be wfp . But again if just doing shop fronts trad might be easier 

As a rule of thumb, in my area, some of the elderly tend to be a bit more suspicious regarding WFP. Especially if they've had a slap and dash experience. This is not a dig at trad guys but up here to compete with them you'd be looking at prices around £5 - £7 for a standard 3 bed semi.

This however is a small percentage of work out there so if you have the budget to go the WFP route then that would be my option.

As a rule of thumb, in my area, some of the elderly tend to be a bit more suspicious regarding WFP. Especially if they've had a slap and dash experience. This is not a dig at trad guys but up here to compete with them you'd be looking at prices around £5 - £7 for a standard 3 bed semi.

This however is a small percentage of work out there so if you have the budget to go the WFP route then that would be my option.
Cheers for the advice 

I don’t think they  mind, so I’d Go WFP. Less danger and potentially a lot quicker once mastered.
Good luck!
Thanks As I'm starting some good pointers 

I don’t think the customers have much idear but they like  clean frames and wfp will dk  a better job in a much quicker time with you stood on the ground so from a H&S aspect it’s a no brainier , also you will be able to clean windows with wfp that you couldn’t get to trad . Having done  both fir many years my choose would be wfp . But again if just doing shop fronts trad might be easier 
Cheers 

WFP without a doubt,,,,,,,its less intrusive,frames and sills get cleaned thoroughly and its safer plus a lot more windows can be cleaned using the pole that would have to stay dirty if you were using ladders(skylights,windows above conservatories,etc).....

The majority prefer traditional but the majority of mine get wfp 
Where have you got that from?! That is not true at all.. The majority prefer clean windows and don't give 2 hoots how they get it!!

A few old fashioned sorts will request traditional as they don't understand it but once you clean them WFP they realise they get clean windows either way and will be more than happy for you to continue WFP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've started to be asked if I clean the windows without ladders. Not much but I've had a few enquires like this, folk not wanting ladders against the building. 

Apart from that, like everyone else said, customers don't care as long as they are clean. WFP is safer and quicker for you, though more expensive to set up, so go that route if you can ?

Latest Posts

Back