Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Liquidator and ettore contour pro plus

WCF

Help Support WCF:

matty86

Hi lads

I was using the liquidator for a while but got fed up of the arc lines when fanning it gives. Probably due to user error on attack angle. Does the ettore contour pro plus stop this or reduce this? As thinking of trying again with this handle. 

How old is your rubber? Spin it around if you haven't all ready done so 

Whats the make off the rubber 

Last edited by a moderator:
How old is your rubber? Spin it around if you haven't all ready done so 

Whats the make off the rubber 
Doesn't matter how old it is still does it. It's only been on a day atm. It's the moerman rubber but used couple diffrent rubber with same issue. Everyone seems to swear by the ettore contour. Mostly see them soon as sun hits the glass in evening lines everywhere. Some you can see as you fan the glass. 

Are you using hip bucket 
No not using bucket kn a belt. 

I think it's just angle of attack on the glass sometimes I have had it working well for a short while. Have you ever checked your work in evening low sun for lines? 

Seem to rember alot of people having issues with it and changed to the ettore contour pro plus handle. 

I got rid of mine last year thought it was useless 

just using standard dog eared channel with ettore pro grip handle Only thing is rubbers wear down quicker 

No matter what you try with them is hit or miss. I’m currently using the standard moerman handle now and it’s fantastic. Before that it was terrible. I can’t understand them at all ?

I use Razr red and Unger soft rubbers and do not have  problems. I do however cut the rubbers square at the ends like with normal squeegees for the last year or so.

No matter what you try with them is hit or miss. 
? How mine was 

You're better of making your own 

And if your cleaning frames you don't really need one you can just use standard channels 

If you soap window out then wipe your frames including the edges of glass wipe round about 5-10cm to glass then blade window of you shouldn't need to edge up 

I use Razr red and Unger soft rubbers and do not have  problems. I do however cut the rubbers square at the ends like with normal squeegees for the last year or so.
Polz n blades says the Unger rubber is to small to work properly with the liquidator. You don't have any issues? What handle do You use. Yeah I cut the ends square 2 

It's weird because you clean the glass and looks fine no issues. Only when the low down sun hits of around 6 or 7pm and it's line galore.. give it an hour or so all fine again Windows looks slot on. 

If its leaving lines the lines will be on the glass all day

if you look at it in different positions you should see them 

If its leaving lines got to be your rubber... Try adding a bit more liquid to it 

You sure the glass isn't scratched up? It can't be ok then hour later be lines everywhere 

weird because you clean the glass and looks fine no issues. Only when the low down sun hits of around 6 or 7pm and it's line galore.. give it an hour or so all fine again Windows looks slot on. 

If its leaving lines the lines will be on the glass all day

if you look at it in different positions you should see them 

If its leaving lines got to be your rubber... Try adding a bit more liquid to it 

You sure the glass isn't scratched up? It can't be ok then hour later be lines everywhere 
That's what am saying .. people who use this squeegee need to look at there work at 6 or 7pm. Obviously the lines are there all day but you can't see them only when the sun is direct through the window when it's low.. like when it's low enough to shine direct through the glass and it will show up all your lines and mistakes. This only happens around 6 or 7pm when the sun is so low. Been doing this job 16 years so not a newbe with a squeegee.

I have soap directly on the washer always nav done that from the start. It's quite soapy wouldn't say it needed more soap but will try it.

That's what am saying .. people who use this squeegee need to look at there work at 6 or 7pm. Obviously the lines are there all day but you can't see them only when the sun is direct through the window when it's low.. like when it's low enough to shine direct through the glass and it will show up all your lines and mistakes. This only happens around 6 or 7pm when the sun is so low. Been doing this job 16 years so not a newbe with a squeegee.

I have soap directly on the washer always nav done that from the start. It's quite soapy wouldn't say it needed more soap but will try it.
When I had mine I thought it was the end clips collecting to much water from the hip bucket 

Use to flick mine to remove access water worked some times but other times still had lines 

If you look up as you come down your ladder you should see your lines this why I got rid of mine 

Polz n blades says the Unger rubber is to small to work properly with the liquidator. You don't have any issues? What handle do You use. Yeah I cut the ends square 2 

It's weird because you clean the glass and looks fine no issues. Only when the low down sun hits of around 6 or 7pm and it's line galore.. give it an hour or so all fine again Windows looks slot on. 
I also use green end clips...as for handles, I use Moerman bi-component handles on my 6,8 and 10inch channels, and the earlier Moerman  black adjustable handle on my 14inch.Oh and my channels have their original end clips Think the later channels have modified end clips?

Latest Posts

Back