Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose reel in van?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

sgcleaning

Hi all

I’m thinking of changing the way my hose reel is set up. At the minute I’m carrying the hose reel in and out of each job and it can be quite time consuming. So I’m thinking of either fixing the reel to the van, or putting a “back door ladder” and hooking the reel over that while I’m working.

If I fix it into the van, what are the best connections to get to ensure no drips etc? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I would say install it over some sort of drip tray. When it's raining you wind the hose in wet and that drips. Whatever connectors you use will wear and eventually start to drip. A drip tray will contain the wet and prevent damage to the van.

Hi all

I’m thinking of changing the way my hose reel is set up. At the minute I’m carrying the hose reel in and out of each job and it can be quite time consuming. So I’m thinking of either fixing the reel to the van, or putting a “back door ladder” and hooking the reel over that while I’m working.

If I fix it into the van, what are the best connections to get to ensure no drips etc? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
A buddy of mine works two to a van with both reels hanging outside of the back doors. They leave the poles held on the roof while travelling. They work a very compact local round.

My son and I work together, with his reel on top of the Wyedale 650 flat tank inside the left side door. I work with my reel on the floor inside the right back door. Neither reel is lifted out for work, except on extremely rare occasions. We leave enough supply hose on both to be able to if necessary. Both reels are tethered loose enough to be able to angle them for optimum direction but short enough that they can't be pulled out of the van without  us unclipping.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back