Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First big solar job

HWCS

Got this little roof worth of Solar panels to do tomorrow, i was asked to quote it a while ago and was tipped off on the other quoters price needless to say i got the annual clean.

Just curious as to what you guys would charge 

Screenshot_20200505-105553_Samsung Internet.jpg

Got this little roof worth of Solar panels to do tomorrow, i was asked to quote it a while ago and was tipped off on the other quoters price needless to say i got the annual clean.

Just curious as to what you guys would charge 

View attachment 20341
If they're the normal size panels that looks a heck of a job. But they look maybe smaller? looks like about 60 of them, some charge say £5 a panel, would be 300 sheets. Certainly be some elbow grease needed, and take one man a good part of the day. I would need numerous breaks on that one.

If they're the normal size panels that looks a heck of a job. But they look maybe smaller? looks like about 60 of them, some charge say £5 a panel, would be 300 sheets. Certainly be some elbow grease needed, and take one man a good part of the day. I would need numerous breaks on that one.
( but me myself, to get the work I'd prob offer do it for £180, and try and whip through it best I could. No chemical allowed I believe, so just scrub and go, try and pick a cloudy day mate)

( but me myself, to get the work I'd prob offer do it for £180, and try and whip through it best I could. No chemical allowed I believe, so just scrub and go, try and pick a cloudy day mate)
They are alot smaller than they look, and the roof is alot lower than it looks, they are pretty cleqn already tbf.

Im thinking cpl hrs tops

They are alot smaller than they look, and the roof is alot lower than it looks, they are pretty cleqn already tbf.

Im thinking cpl hrs tops
Ah yeh, thought they may've been smaller judging by the scale. Yeh should be nice little job, if couple hours then £120 would be nice.

Ah yeh, thought they may've been smaller judging by the scale. Yeh should be nice little job, if couple hours then £120 would be nice.
Other guy went in at £175, i went in at £150 and told them i would hold that price for 3 yrs if they agreed to an annual clean.

They agreed, so ive got its annualy for 3yrs.

Other guy went in at £175, i went in at £150 and told them i would hold that price for 3 yrs if they agreed to an annual clean.

They agreed, so ive got its annualy for 3yrs.
Should go well, and like part timer says, a rainy day all the better.

Well that went a little different to how id planned it!!!

Quote was £150 for solar panels for an annual contract for 3 yrs.

What i hadnt accounted for was 57 more solar panels on the back of the building, the lady incharge was there when i arrived and i had to embarrasingly say i didnt realise that there was the same on the back and that id only quoted for the front ones, to which her reply was, "we had already assumed it was £150 front and £150 back as youd quoted based on the picture we sent you and didnt realise we had only sent you a picture of one side"

So today i had a result £300 for 120 panels that took me 2.1/2 hrs.

Genuinely **** my pants and thought i was gonna get stuck with both sides for £150.

20200507_143336.jpg

20200507_143528.jpg

Ask them if they want to sign a 10 year contract ?
Dont know if its the right thing to do but all solar panel jobs and gutter cleaning jobs i always say if you agree to book next years ill keep it the same price as this year.

Am i missing a trick or am.i being clever and getting an agreed clean for a yrs time?

Dont know if its the right thing to do but all solar panel jobs and gutter cleaning jobs i always say if you agree to book next years ill keep it the same price as this year.

Am i missing a trick or am.i being clever and getting an agreed clean for a yrs time?
Regarding gutters I usually find that after I've done them properly the first time, down pipes etc, the next year is usually considerably quicker, unless they are surrounded by trees. So on that basis you're doing the right thing, it's getting the property owners to keep their side of the deal. I have some gutter jobs that have been the same price for the last 5 years. I do one way down south, in @Den stamping ground that pays £500, and allowing for driving nearly 2 hours takes me less than 4 hours to do. If I put the price up it goes out to tender, not risking losing that for a few years yet.

Regarding gutters I usually find that after I've done them properly the first time, down pipes etc, the next year is usually considerably quicker, unless they are surrounded by trees. So on that basis you're doing the right thing, it's getting the property owners to keep their side of the deal. I have some gutter jobs that have been the same price for the last 5 years. I do one way down south, in @Den stamping ground that pays £500, and allowing for driving nearly 2 hours takes me less than 4 hours to do. If I put the price up it goes out to tender, not risking losing that for a few years yet.
Yeah thats my thinking that is quicker.

Best one ive got is an industrial unit 20mtrs front 20mtrs back, no down pipes as they are at other end of the row of units.

First time i quoted £100 as there was alot of shiit growing in them, took me an hour. Told them if you book for next year ill keep it same price, they said "how much for every 6 months?" So i said "£80" took me 15 minutes and all i pulled out was dust lol, but they want them done 6monthly ??

This is annual but you take more out of the 40 metre job then I take out of the 200 metres ? The only thing that ever has anything in is about 20 metres of the car port that has a tree above it. Without the car port guttering it would literally be a 10 minute walk round with the camera.

Latest Posts

Back