Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump de all the time

Baldmonkey

I'm out at the minute, pump permanently de, did it this morning then worked, had lunch and the same, help

I'm out at the minute, pump permanently de, did it this morning then worked, had lunch and the same, help
Does it still DE if the turn your flow down? What is the calibration reading?

Could also be a faulty stop connector/hozelok stop connector.  I don't have any stop connectors anymore. They are all free flow now as we had a few issues with them over the years.

Can you uncouple the hose to the hose reel? If so does the water flow out OK when the controller is switched on?

If so then the problem is either controller related (calibration) or an obstruction somewhere along the hose (kinked hose on the reel, faulty stop connector).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not something I've come across. I wonder if it might be worth making a note of your controller settings to come back to before trying a few things to sort it?

Have you altered anything recently?

I wonder if the flow is alright when it is working?

is it worth trying a higher calibration setting?

Could it be worth disconnecting at various points: brush, reel, and flushing the system to check for flow, blockage and air?

I really don't know as I don't recall ever having that problem and I guess everyone who might be able to help is busy at work.

Good luck mate. Please let us know the remedy when you find it, to add to the pool of knowledge.

Ps I just saw Spruce's reply. I had problems with Hozelock type stop connectors in the early days as well and ended up taking out the insides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the swift reply guys, I think I've faffed the calibration settings up when I was experimenting yesterday, never had any issue with the pump or controller so may be human error, I've re calibrated short term and disconnected the hose feed and it worked straight away (I've checked every inch of the hose for possible kink and works fine now) will set up a proper calibration when I get home. 

Shout out to the team @Alex Gardiner over at gardiner, left them a message to order a pump and then went and left my phone in the van, came back to 3 missed calls, thanks for the swift action guys ?

It's not something I've come across. I wonder if it might be worth making a note of your controller settings to come back to before trying a few things to sort it?

Have you altered anything recently? Always a good first question to ask yourself. What changed before the problem started in the first question a troubleshooter will ask.

I wonder if the flow is alright when it is working?

is it worth trying a higher calibration setting?

Could it be worth disconnecting at various points: brush, reel, and flushing the system to check for flow, blockage and air?

I really don't know as I don't recall ever having that problem and I guess everyone who might be able to help is busy at work.

Good luck mate. Please let us know the remedy when you find it, to add to the pool of knowledge.

Ps I just saw Spruce's reply. I had problems with Hozelock type stop connectors in the early days as well and ended up taking out the insides. Also removed the stop of the brass fittings by unscrewing the end and removing the valve.

Latest Posts

Back