scottish cleaning service

Grey stuff on fascia board

Came across this grey stuff like salt on the full length of a fascia board and can't seem to shift it. Does anyone know what it is or what will remove it. Tried degreaser, hypo and pink stuff but no joy. Cheers SCS

ho.jpg

Jjamie

Limescale? 

Pjj
35 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

Came across this grey stuff like salt on the full length of a fascia board and can't seem to shift it. Does anyone know what it is or what will remove it. Tried degreaser, hypo and pink stuff but no joy. Cheers SCS

ho.jpg

Is it lime scale ?...

6 hours ago, Pjj said:

Is it lime scale ?...

It might be as its like crusted salt. I have never seen it before and its only down the fascia. No one else in the area has it and I can't work out where it has come from.

cheers Pjj

Pjj
3 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

It might be as its like crusted salt. I have never seen it before and its only down the fascia. No one else in the area has it and I can't work out where it has come from.

cheers Pjj

What are the roof tiles made of ? If cement I think it could be lime from that run down on the under felt and down the facias . I have had similar on odd occasions and never succeeded in getting it all off just did my best and explained to the customer , I have used a scraper ti get it off but it permanently discoloured the in my case white plastic  

Just now, Pjj said:

What are the roof tiles made of ? If cement I think it could be lime from that run down on the under felt and down the facias . I have had similar on odd occasions and never succeeded in getting it all off just did my best and explained to the customer , I have used a scraper ti get it off but it permanently discoloured the in my case white plastic  

I think you are right, I will spray on white vinegar as I have 10 litres of the stuff and leave it for a while. Quite unsightly and couldn't understand how it managed to miss the gutter. One would think neighbours would have the same issue as they all have same tiles.

Sprayed white vinegar and then went back and scrubbed away with vinegar on scourer and it worked a treat but would charge double in future. 😉