Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grey stuff on fascia board

WCF

Help Support WCF:

scottish cleaning service

Came across this grey stuff like salt on the full length of a fascia board and can't seem to shift it. Does anyone know what it is or what will remove it. Tried degreaser, hypo and pink stuff but no joy. Cheers SCS

ho.jpg

It might be as its like crusted salt. I have never seen it before and its only down the fascia. No one else in the area has it and I can't work out where it has come from.

cheers Pjj
What are the roof tiles made of ? If cement I think it could be lime from that run down on the under felt and down the facias . I have had similar on odd occasions and never succeeded in getting it all off just did my best and explained to the customer , I have used a scraper ti get it off but it permanently discoloured the in my case white plastic  

What are the roof tiles made of ? If cement I think it could be lime from that run down on the under felt and down the facias . I have had similar on odd occasions and never succeeded in getting it all off just did my best and explained to the customer , I have used a scraper ti get it off but it permanently discoloured the in my case white plastic  
I think you are right, I will spray on white vinegar as I have 10 litres of the stuff and leave it for a while. Quite unsightly and couldn't understand how it managed to miss the gutter. One would think neighbours would have the same issue as they all have same tiles.

Latest Posts

Back