Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Invoice cards or texts

Dyl Wimbledon

Hello all, 

First time posting on here. 

I've been planning on starting my  own part time window cleaning business  for years. I'm not going to be one of these bucket and sponge lads who want to earn beer tokens on top of their normal wage. 

I really do see this profession as a future career 

Thanks to Darren at go green, trad man, Dan, me macintosh and the window cleaning UK fb page I have managed to gain a good knowledge of the window cleaning world. I really have enjoyed and appreciated all their videos. 

I have a question that I couldn't find on this forum. 

1. How do you all inform your customers that you been and cleaned? Is it text or invoice cards and why do you use the methods you use? 

Thanks in advance 

Last edited by a moderator:
How you doing mate, welcome! I opt for texts as it gives a verbal confirmation that they have recieved it should you hopefully never need it... also it gives you a digital record (keep a hard copy also). Go for paper if you would rather post but someone's only gonna bin it so save the dough for something else, best of luck ??

Mini invoices are a good way of advertising your add on services to your existing customers as well. 
Any free advertising all ways good 

I use a6 cards get about 10,000 for £90-120 I think 

Double sided windows clean on front with date and price and any outstanding 

Then back payments details etc 

Got mine of vista print 

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first started I used a mixture between paper and text.

These days I just use text messages. The ones who I have to phone up to say I'm coming are either on GoCardless or pay cash on the day.

I recommend www.helloprint.co.uk for leaflets etc. <------ If you use this link and order over £70 you will get £15 off.

If you're looking at a planning app that doesn't cost the earth, I use Squeegee. It's an app that can manage most of your planning admin for you and very good for recurring businesses like ourselves.

I was in the same position as you 2.5 years ago. I started trad, on a bicycle. 2.5 years later I'm earning almost twice the national average wage and have a full WFP and van system. If you work hard at it, you can be in a very good position quickly. I might actually be able to buy a house in the next couple of years now! Beats my old 18k a year security job...

If you're wanting help with lead generation speak to Callum at www.xyzgen.co.uk. His leads are only £10 with not VAT. I added about 4.6k in the past 14 days with his help, but it cost me about £500 (pennies for the amount you get in return). My first cleans covered the cost of all of the leads, including the ones I didn't get. He offers your first 10 leads for £70 (£7 a lead) so always worth trying it out!

Back