Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone working tomorrow?

Adda85

Is anyone working tomorrow and Monday? I don’t usually work bank holidays but need to catch up as I missed 5 weeks of work, not sure people will want me round on a bank holiday tho so not sure what to do. 

Adda - I've been flat out and with new work/addons I've 'run out of time' so I've just asked custy I can do it but in 3/4 weeks or I can fit you in on Saturday or even Sunday - they've all gone for getting it done asap - so I'm working Sat,Sun and Mon (normally just M-F)- if you give your custy the choice they can make the call themselves - fyi everyone's commented how the 'days' no longer really have much meaning...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's only bank hoilday Friday not Monday as it should of been the first Monday of May 

So monday you will be fine at work

I never work bank hoildays 

@Adda85

its up to you but i wont be...i never work bank holidays plus ive not had a day off since the lockdown......my missus has put bunting up and we re having a street party.......we have 2 large flags(union jack and NHS)flying...and im setting up my drum kit on the driveway to entertain the neighbours!

I never have done on a bank hol, but I am tomorrow. Only two jobs, requested too so. Anyway, its nothing like a bank hol at all (apart from the banks will be on hol) ?

I’ve finished my work for the week, but normally I don’t work bank holidays. Think at the moment it won’t matter to most people most customers I’ve spoken to didn’t even know it was a bank holiday this Friday.

I’ve decided not to bother tomorrow, I was thinking it was bank holiday tomorrow and Monday for some reason but yeah il just get the garden sorted tomorrow instead 

Ive got to Vacuum the gutters and clean the windows on this watermill in the morning should be a 2hr job nice earner that ive kept waitimg 7weeks while i was not working. Then got a quick 3bed semi to do on way home.

Out at 9 and home by midday, then social distancing street afternoon tea for VE day at 2pm

20200507_211237.jpg

I never work bank holidays or Sundays. I very occasionally work a Saturday to catch up. (Maybe once or twice a year.) I have an old friend (80s) that was a windy. He asked me and another lad to help him do a job on a Sunday once (about 20 year ago). It was old double glazing. We had to lift the front pane out and he cleaned inside it. That was it. He charged the custy a tenner and he gave me and the other lad a fiver each and took nothing for himself. He purely did it to keep the customer happy. 

I’ve never worked bank holidays whist working for myself although at the min everyone’s in and everyday feels like a Sunday/bank hol now anyway so wouldn’t make much difference. 

If it wasn’t joinEd with  VE Day I was for working but just going to work tomorrow instead

Fair enough if you don't work a BH as your family is off and want to do stuff together etc - normally though on BH roads are rammed, beaches packed, attractions are teaming with squabbling families - queues everywhere - restaurants packed, prices hiked etc..

I often work a BH and take time off at a time of our choosing - when things aren't so crowded etc as a result I get to see my customers responses - no one has ever mentioned anything - certainly no negatives comments or 'akward' moments  (everyone gets the date of my next visit so know I'm planning to call) those that are off work and still at home are chilled and everyone is pleased to see me, and have a chat. 95% of my custy stop and have a good 'chin wag' whenever I call anyhow - catching up on families/health/holidays etc - only got a handful of custies that if at home - stay inside and don't come out for a chat. I do have a lot of retired custies - so BHs mean less to them too I guess.

Just sharing - for those who seem to 'fear' intruding on their custy's - this hasn't been my experience at all with my custy's, who I've had for years...respect anyone who takes the day off - just saying it's not as you might expect - like calling on a custy on xmas day ? 

Back