Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro di waste water

Stevo66

New user to forum so a quick hello to everyone.

I have a new 400gpd ro di system with a good water pressure supply to it. My starting tds is 34.

The system expels waste water so my question is, how much waste water will I produce with my starting tds of 34.

Can the waste water be re routed back through a separate di resin vessel to produce 0tds?

I recently moved to a property with a water meter so the ro may not have been a good idea.

Will be grateful for all help received.

New user to forum so a quick hello to everyone.

I have a new 400gpd ro di system with a good water pressure supply to it. My starting tds is 34.

The system expels waste water so my question is, how much waste water will I produce with my starting tds of 34.

Can the waste water be re routed back through a separate di resin vessel to produce 0tds?

I recently moved to a property with a water meter so the ro may not have been a good idea.

Will be grateful for all help received.
The waste water from the r/o will be much more than your input tds from the tap. You should be able to have a ratio of 55 waste to 45 pure with that tds.

I go with the other 2 replies. At 34ppm I would double di.

I've just done a check which I'm a little confused by. Our r/o is running atm. Its set at about 50 waste to 50 pure. TDS from the tap is 112ppm. The tds from the waste is 162. The pure from the outlet of the r/o is 3 before di. Logic would tell me my waste should be 221. I've done this check numerous times over the years and there has always been a discrepancy. Where has the other dissolved solids gone?

The waste water from the r/o will be much more than your input tds from the tap. You should be able to have a ratio of 55 waste to 45 pure with that tds.

I've just done a check which I'm a little confused by. Our r/o is running atm. Its set at about 50 waste to 50 pure. TDS from the tap is 112ppm. The tds from the waste is 162. The pure from the outlet of the r/o is 3 before di. Logic would tell me my waste should be 221. I've done this check numerous times over the years and there has always been a discrepancy. Where has the other dissolved solids gone?
Mine is 300+ and I've never measured over 500 on the waste. When you found yours let me know 

Yes it is strange, my tap is 530 odd, then I do roughly 60 waste to 40 pure, then it goes between 12 and 14 before di. but the waste, when i tested it was about 700 odd if I recall. Havent tested the waste in ages as normally no need but will check next time and see.

Looks like I'm running on a 2 to 1 ratio with it all running and flushed. Wasting 1l to 2l pure in tank . Starting tds bout 35, waste tds 141ish,pure at 000tds. Went from start of 35 down to 7,after about 3to4 minutes was on 000 so I'm happy with that.

Going to invest in 2 separate di vessels and run them when filters need replacing. Alternate from 1 to the other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back