Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flyers in Lockdown

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Joshyouare

Not been very active on here for a few months now but still been checking in every now and again - hope everyone is staying safe.

Was thinking about doing a flyer drop with a leaflet explaining how I take all the precautions when cleaning etc. 

I have read the government advice and from reading it I gather that I'm allowed to leaflet. Does anyone think there's anything morally wrong with this? I would be wearing masks and hand sanitising regularly.

I've not been window cleaning for a bit now, I've seen that some people are getting lots of walk ups and calls though, so my question is do you reckon it would be worth doing a flyer drop in current times? I ask as firstly, I don't want to skip over anything that I've not thought about and I also don't want to spend money on one off leaflets if I shouldn't be handing them out.

Cheers guys ? 

I don't think there is a definitive yes or no answer to be had from this.

Much will come down to people's perceptions. Either way there is likely to be some work to be had from doing so and also some criticism from others.

Postmen and woman are pushing stuff through doors so don't see there being anymore risk than that but the world does not operate on logic for the most part.

My personal input would be, do so but only if you are willing to take a bit of backlash from the odd person either on facebook or otherwise. If you wouldn't like that then I would wait.

If the lockdown was eased people would be widely fine with it. While the lockdown is on people are likely to express the odd moan and complaint online or otherwise. Technically the actual risk doing it now or potentially in 1 or 3 weeks would not likely be that different. Just our point of view.

Hope that helps.

I don't think there is a definitive yes or no answer to be had from this.

Much will come down to people's perceptions. Either way there is likely to be some work to be had from doing so and also some criticism from others.

Postmen and woman are pushing stuff through doors so don't see there being anymore risk than that but the world does not operate on logic for the most part.

My personal input would be, do so but only if you are willing to take a bit of backlash from the odd person either on facebook or otherwise. If you wouldn't like that then I would wait.

If the lockdown was eased people would be widely fine with it. While the lockdown is on people are likely to express the odd moan and complaint online or otherwise. Technically the actual risk doing it now or potentially in 1 or 3 weeks would not likely be that different. Just our point of view.

Hope that helps.

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines to be honest - cheers for the response. Might invest in a nice royal mail jacket and messenger bag ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back