Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sky vac elite poles?

RWCleaning

Long story short, looking to get another vac soon, probably going to just Get another sky vac commercial 75, but was looking at the elite poles (cost extra) does anyone have them who can tell me:

•worth the money?  
•are they ‘too’ delicate?   
•is the clip better? Or just another thing to go wrong? 

Ta.

Very light and easy to clamp, never stuck yet. The quick release pole, in my opinion, isn't as strong as the other poles. Snapped it lifting the full 40' from the floor. Normal pole didn't when I did it.

Caught a pole against the side of a steel container and it broke. Sturdy as long as you don't mistreat. Only ever had them so don't know how they compare to others.

We have them they are very good reasonably ridged , the clamps  work well although the levers are a bit cheap quality, but overall I would recommend them . The vac release pole is good but get @Part Timer to tell you his experience with it .

@Part Timer take a deep breath & step forward 

(p.s what is the vac release pole?)
Have a look on spinner cleans web site at there videos you will see how it works , it releases  the suction so anything in the top of the pole like big turfs that it cannot suck up the pole it will hold it and then you releases the suction and it drops to the ground .

@Part Timer take a deep breath & step forward 

(p.s what is the vac release pole?)
Vac release / quick release is the bottom pole connected to the hose. It is a pole that you twist, this opens two vents which means the air doesn't go up the pole and anything blocks falls out. I had the full 40' up and did this. However there was still something stuck so I lowered the pole, without removing any sections. Cleared the blockage and went to lift it up and it cracked.

Before I got this, it was an optional extra, I had done the same thing countless times with a standard pole section and never had a problem. Something like £250 to replace so be careful. Spinaclean, who usually respond very well, basically said I shouldn't have tried to do it. When I told them it was weaker then a standard section they denied it was.

Vac release / quick release is the bottom pole connected to the hose. It is a pole that you twist, this opens two vents which means the air doesn't go up the pole and anything blocks falls out. I had the full 40' up and did this. However there was still something stuck so I lowered the pole, without removing any sections. Cleared the blockage and went to lift it up and it cracked.

Before I got this, it was an optional extra, I had done the same thing countless times with a standard pole section and never had a problem. Something like £250 to replace so be careful. Spinaclean, who usually respond very well, basically said I shouldn't have tried to do it. When I told them it was weaker then a standard section they denied it was.
Hmm ok. I’m quite heavy handed so dunno if I should or not. 
As a side note yeh think you’re were unlucky there. You didn’t do anything wrong. 

Hmm ok. I’m quite heavy handed so dunno if I should or not. 
As a side note yeh think you’re were unlucky there. You didn’t do anything wrong. 
Spinaclean said I should've lowered it by removing sections but when you're on a job that has 400 metres of gutters you tend to do things as quick as you can. As I said prior to buying it and using it I'd lowered the 40' when I had a standard section as bottom pole, numerous times, and it never broke. The quick release was only a few months old so not exactly worn out.

Spinaclean said I should've lowered it by removing sections but when you're on a job that has 400 metres of gutters you tend to do things as quick as you can. As I said prior to buying it and using it I'd lowered the 40' when I had a standard section as bottom pole, numerous times, and it never broke. The quick release was only a few months old so not exactly worn out.
Since you said to me about this I have altered  the way I lower the pole I now hold the section above the vac release pole having looked at the way the vac pole is made I do tend to agree that it looks weaker due to the cut out bits I think it needs reinforcement up and down the pole from the slots but if you are aware of this I think you can work round it with care .

So if you’re using 30-40 feet’s worth and you want to take it all down, you have to dismantle it from the bottom upwards one by one?
That's what they reccomend, not practical so all I would do is disconnect from above the quick release. Personally I'm not replacing the quick release I will just buy a normal section and turn the vac off to release anything big stuck. There is always 2 of us doing gutters as we tend to have full days doing it so moving and loading the genie is easier and also for safety incase the ladders need to come out.

Ok thanks.

Either of you two used or anyone else the industrial? I was just looking at the specs. I see it just fits in my van, I only do domestic, with 1 large commercial every now & then. The only thing that puts me off is 38kg empty!! The commercial I’ve got atm is about 25ish. Is it one of those vacs that ideally is a two person one? Also to run it full power, do you need a generator? As it’s over 3000ws.

I have the 110v version so need a generator. The genie weighs 100kgs. One of the reasons why there's always 2 of us. You can take the drum off which would lighten the lift. You can tilt the whole unit back, put front wheels in van and lift the rest in. 

I have just bought the interceptor and like @Part Timer we work as a team of two but the last couple of weeks I have been doing jobs on my own and can get it in the van by myself quite easily just tip it onto the back wheels and the front wheels go in the air push it foward until the front wheels are in the van then lift up the back and push it in . I had a big omnivac and genie before and that was heavy on your own , I have a friend who has just bought an industrial 85 240 volt one and he has a transporter he uses it on his own no problem ,he uses the customers electric 

I have just bought the interceptor and like @Part Timer we work as a team of two but the last couple of weeks I have been doing jobs on my own and can get it in the van by myself quite easily just tip it onto the back wheels and the front wheels go in the air push it foward until the front wheels are in the van then lift up the back and push it in . I had a big omnivac and genie before and that was heavy on your own , I have a friend who has just bought an industrial 85 240 volt one and he has a transporter he uses it on his own no problem ,he uses the customers electric 
Oh ok, so with it on full power (all 3 switches/motors on) it doesn’t trip the customers electric? 

Oh ok, so with it on full power (all 3 switches/motors on) it doesn’t trip the customers electric? 
Mine runs off a Honda engine no electric or genie needed , my friend who has the industrial 85 uses customers electric and hasn’t had any problems but it was something I did think about when I was looking at one , if you start one motor let it get up to speed before starting the next and so on it’s the surge if you put them all on at the same time that causes the issues , this is my new toy ??

475A02A7-ABD7-4FB1-BE1D-3065E8B06C71.jpeg

2A0762C8-D9E6-4986-988C-5C349AB607E8.jpeg

896E9335-C0AF-48C6-A334-0184C2A84E10.jpeg

F1DA3951-B863-42B2-8F25-39797E9C188F.jpeg

Mine runs off a Honda engine no electric or genie needed , my friend who has the industrial 85 uses customers electric and hasn’t had any problems but it was something I did think about when I was looking at one , if you start one motor let it get up to speed before starting the next and so on it’s the surge if you put them all on at the same time that causes the issues , this is my new toy ??

View attachment 20380

View attachment 20381

View attachment 20382

View attachment 20383
Yeh that’s mint Paul. How often do you use it? Do you have another (smaller vac) still?
Not needed for me though. Im torn between commercial or industrial. I currently have a commercial but I share it with a mate, but we’re more busy with it now it’s it’s annoying to go and pick it up when we need it etc.

Yeh that’s mint Paul. How often do you use it? Do you have another (smaller vac) still?
Not needed for me though. Im torn between commercial or industrial. I currently have a commercial but I share it with a mate, but we’re more busy with it now it’s it’s annoying to go and pick it up when we need it etc.
Work varies sometimes we do a week solid , or a day a week I build up a few domestic jobs then we go out for the day vaccing gutters saves cleaning the machine after every job , this time of the year is the quietest, from September to March we are very busy , do a lot of nursing homes , and big private houses , I also have a 240  volt mains Grippatank vac that I use for shop fronts and awkward access jobs going through houses etc 

i was looking at the industrial 85 ,a friend has just bought one and it’s very good suction is about the same as mine , awesome bit of kit I dont think you will come across anything it won’t do .

Work varies sometimes we do a week solid , or a day a week I build up a few domestic jobs then we go out for the day vaccing gutters saves cleaning the machine after every job , this time of the year is the quietest, from September to March we are very busy , do a lot of nursing homes , and big private houses , I also have a 240  volt mains Grippatank vac that I use for shop fronts and awkward access jobs going through houses etc 

i was looking at the industrial 85 ,a friend has just bought one and it’s very good suction is about the same as mine , awesome bit of kit I dont think you will come across anything it won’t do .
Yeh know what you mean. Some months busier than others, although you probably use yours a lot more than me. I use mine on average twice a week, as sometimes I’ll use it everyday for a week, but then not need it for fortnight. Yeh I thought about saving gutter jobs and do them together but I prefer keeping jobs together when they’re due. But I’m in no position how to tell you how to run your business ?

The reason I’m tempted with the industrial is, IF I do decide to go with the elite poles with the commercial then it’s near the price of the industrial anyway. I’ve not looked at the grippa ones recently, are they as good? 

Yeh know what you mean. Some months busier than others, although you probably use yours a lot more than me. I use mine on average twice a week, as sometimes I’ll use it everyday for a week, but then not need it for fortnight. Yeh I thought about saving gutter jobs and do them together but I prefer keeping jobs together when they’re due. But I’m in no position how to tell you how to run your business ?

The reason I’m tempted with the industrial is, IF I do decide to go with the elite poles with the commercial then it’s near the price of the industrial anyway. I’ve not looked at the grippa ones recently, are they as good? 
The Grippatank one is surprisingly good I sold my omnivac and before the skyvac arrived I had a big detached house with 80 meters of guttering with grass nearly a foot high in most  of it come in I couldn’t stall the guy so very reluctantly I took the Grippatank vac it’s only the small 30 ltr one I think I couldn’t count how many times we emptied it ??? but it did the job just fine , sometimes it’s not just about suction power it’s also technique as to how to do the job .

I have a 3600w Kiam 240v gutter vac that I used for a few years. I have plugged this into mains sockets on numerous occasions and never had a problem. I do have an RCD plug on it just in case as hopefully that should trip before the customers. All I would say is if it's a 100 year old house I would be very wary.

Back