JBC

Softwash nozzles

JBC

Just wondering what your thoughts are on softwash nozzles for render cleaning?

I have in the past just used a gardiner sill brush with the red fan jets and it has worked well although it does seem to create a lot of foam, especially with biocide. I have a few render cleans coming up, would it be worth getting a dedicated nozzle? I was looking at the Rutland pump ones, they look good value as you get 3 nozzle tips in the bundle. Thanks 😁

Pjj
6 hours ago, JBC said:

Just wondering what your thoughts are on softwash nozzles for render cleaning?

I have in the past just used a gardiner sill brush with the red fan jets and it has worked well although it does seem to create a lot of foam, especially with biocide. I have a few render cleans coming up, would it be worth getting a dedicated nozzle? I was looking at the Rutland pump ones, they look good value as you get 3 nozzle tips in the bundle. Thanks 😁

I have the Rutland pumps ones they are very good I prefer there’s to the big bulky Benz one .

Pjj
8 minutes ago, JBC said:

Thanks @Pjj, will order one 👍

If you use Gardiner poles make sure you order the ones that fit in the end of the pole they are brilliant 

1F56F6FA-C62D-479B-954A-86B59AAA86B9.jpeg

ED321C40-C7A7-4EDE-9438-D32E5E9C32CC.jpeg

1822FE48-9086-46E0-82C3-597E0168C5FB.jpeg

JBC

That looks great 😃 

altho looking on Rutland pumps site I guess they have changed the design of the Gardiner ones... to these.

what do you reckon? 🤔

would you always use the nozzle for render cleaning, @Pjj? Or do you ever see the need to use a brush? Thanks 

Pjj
25 minutes ago, JBC said:

That looks great 😃 

altho looking on Rutland pumps site I guess they have changed the design of the Gardiner ones... to these.

what do you reckon? 🤔

would you always use the nozzle for render cleaning, @Pjj? Or do you ever see the need to use a brush? Thanks 

Yes looks like they have altered them a bit , if it’s windy or you need a straight line between terraced houses I would use an old brush but other than that we generally spray it , always pays  to give it a scrub with the brush anyway ti work the mix into the algi etc 

JBC

Thanks @pjj I used the Rutland pumps nozzle on a render clean yesterday, it was considerably quicker than a fan jetted brush and I think it did a better job. 👌

Incheck

I actually prefer using a wfp brush with pencil jets rather than a nozzle as in even light wind the spray carries and im not comfortable with that. The nozzles are great for tight areas etc but need to be very careful with them. Far safer with a brush on big areas (IMO) 

JBC

Interesting @Incheck 🤔

Last time I used a brush head I thought it produced more overspray than the number 10 nozzle. I did have the 50 degree fan jets tho and my backpack's flow controller is bust so it is always on full.

I will experiment with pencil jets next job 👍

Incheck
6 minutes ago, JBC said:

Interesting @Incheck 🤔

Last time I used a brush head I thought it produced more overspray than the number 10 nozzle. I did have the 50 degree fan jets tho and my backpack's flow controller is bust so it is always on full.

I will experiment with pencil jets next job 👍

Lol yes fan jets are no good dude