Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

any landlord on here? looking for a new tenant

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Amazin

Hope it's ok to ask this on here. I'm looking after my mum's property at the moment and I need to find a new tenant. I have been using spareroom.com for years but I wonder where else I can advertise to find new tenant. Gumtree and FB market place are both useless. 

Hope it's ok to ask this on here. I'm looking after my mum's property at the moment and I need to find a new tenant. I have been using spareroom.com for years but I wonder where else I can advertise to find new tenant. Gumtree and FB market place are both useless. 
Get a decent letting agent to do it for you it’s not expensive and they will be aware of all the legal requirements that are constantly changing it’s getting harder each year to try and do it legally yourself ,and remember there fees are tax deductible so it’s a no brainier , makes life so much easier 

I would go with a agent as well less hassle and they do all the necessary checks ect 
Some also pay you monthly rent even if its empty but you need to be careful as do put anyone in your property... 

Just make so you do regular checks with new tenants and add in to contract that's checks will be carried out 

With some tenants are renting and then subletting out per a bed 3 bed house round corner from got sub leted last year had 20 living in one house 

And watch out for if like this bloke we know, hes on benefit and the rent money goes to the tenant now instead of straight to landlord. Well, he hasnt passed it onto the landlord for months. Just spends it on drink and drugs. Eventually, he'll be evicted, but will have cost landlord a lot, and I think at present they cant evict him because of covid. 

Also watch out for cannabis factory 

And watch out for if like this bloke we know, hes on benefit and the rent money goes to the tenant now instead of straight to landlord. Well, he hasnt passed it onto the landlord for months. Just spends it on drink and drugs. Eventually, he'll be evicted, but will have cost landlord a lot, and I think at present they cant evict him because of covid. 

Also watch out for cannabis factory 
Never ever take dss in a property always make sure they are working ask for  proof of what they do and get references and check the references out , I have never had a single issue with my tenants . 

@Amazin If the property in question is in London or a popular location, then consider having someone take control of the property and let on the likes of airbnb for example.

You will get agreed monthly rent and they will furnish and give the place a makeover. They then rent for short stays and pocket the margin.

There is so really good reputable companies doing this. Many are these start up people looking money but if you find the decent ones you can get good money for less effort than normally finding a tenant. London has a time limit though.

If not, many estate agents will offer a fixed or agreed rent and they manage everything else. But the fixed rent is around 10-15% lower than market which is where they make the money but it's no stress virtually.

Google, Guaranteed rent scheme or rent to rent.

Hope that helps a bit.

Never ever take dss in a property always make sure they are working ask for  proof of what they do and get references and check the references out , I have never had a single issue with my tenants . 
without a doubt check the references. The flats where that bloke lives that im talking about, I used to live in the same block and theres been no end of problems with the tenants. Last week the place opposite that block had some nut job took away threatening with a knife, police flash banged him. Since the mental hospitals shut down they get first refusal on many of the small flats round here, especially the affordable social housing ones. if you work hard you have to fork out £700 odd a month for the private.

Back