Ro membranes help

Just bought a second hand 4040 ro system with a booster pump but need to change the ro membrane.not sure what one I need it took about 4 hours to fill a 600 ltr tank with pure water.

21 minutes ago, super mck said:

Just bought a second hand 4040 ro system with a booster pump but need to change the ro membrane.not sure what one I need it took about 4 hours to fill a 600 ltr tank with pure water.

@doug atkinson is the membrane man. Mine does anything from 200 - 350 litres an hour.

19 minutes ago, super mck said:

You need to give us more information.

Whilst 150 liters an hour using a booster pump isn't brilliant it also isn't that bad.

You need to check the efficiency of the membrane. You need to know tds of input water, tds of product (pure) before di and water pressure with booster if you have it. Our tds was 112ppm on Friday and the pure after r/o was 3. This gives me approx a 97% rejection rate. A supplier once told me that the cutoff point to consider a new membrane is around 94%. You might let it go much lower if your tap water isn't very hard.

It also good to know what your pure to waste ratio is when producing water.

The HF5 Axeon membrane we have in our 4040 r/o produces around 120 liters an hour with 50psi tap water pressure and no booster.

Our old 450gpd r/o used to produce about 25 liters an hour.

Water going in is 370ppm then before di is 100ppm after di it’s 001. Pressure not to sure all I know is out tap water is about 40psi.

I have just changed the 2 pre filters and the di resin 

9 minutes ago, super mck said:

So what membrane do I need.not sure so many different ones 🙈

That's why I tagged Daqua into it as he'll advise, and supply, you the correct one

You will go through loads of resin at 100. Might be worth putting it on hold producing water till you get your new membrane sorted. 

doug atkinson
20 hours ago, super mck said:

So what membrane do I need.not sure so many different ones 🙈

Have we spoken as have spoken to a few today?

28 minutes ago, doug atkinson said:

If you have a booster pump then the Axeon HF4-4040 will be fine, without booster then the HF5-4040

It would be interesting to know what booster pump he has.

• Agree 1