Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro membranes help

super mck

Just bought a second hand 4040 ro system with a booster pump but need to change the ro membrane.not sure what one I need it took about 4 hours to fill a 600 ltr tank with pure water.

Just bought a second hand 4040 ro system with a booster pump but need to change the ro membrane.not sure what one I need it took about 4 hours to fill a 600 ltr tank with pure water.
You need to give us more information.

Whilst 150 liters an hour using a booster pump isn't brilliant it also isn't that bad.

You need to check the efficiency of the membrane. You need to know tds of input water, tds of product (pure) before di and water pressure with booster if you have it. Our tds was 112ppm on Friday and the pure after r/o was 3. This gives me approx a 97% rejection rate. A supplier once told me that the cutoff point to consider a new membrane is around 94%. You might let it go much lower if your tap water isn't very hard.

It also good to know what your pure to waste ratio is when producing water.

The HF5 Axeon membrane we have in our 4040 r/o produces around 120 liters an hour with 50psi tap water pressure and no booster.

Our old 450gpd r/o used to produce about 25 liters an hour.

Water going in is 370ppm then before di is 100ppm after di it’s 001. Pressure not to sure all I know is out tap water is about 40psi.

I have just changed the 2 pre filters and the di resin 

Latest Posts

Back