Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

CAN SKYVAC 78 BE USED EXTERNALLY

Seels

Good evening all,

I would really welcome some advice please. I am hoping to offer an add on to current wfp business and offered  a SKYVAC 78 at a reasonable price together with camera and a Skyvac Atom. The current owner uses the 78 on external guttering jobs but looking at spec it looks like it is only suitable for internal use. Do any of you use a 78 externally and have you made any modifications to enable this.

All advice very welcome.

Cheers

CS

Thanks for taking the time to respond Part Timer. No it is the internal one a SkyVac 78. it looks like it is a dry vacuum and unsuitable for external work Looks like I have dropped a clanger !!

I have the opportunity to purchase a Skyvac 78 plus an atom pus generator for £1200 , but I got my 75 and 78 mixed up !! the item for sale is a 78.

I wonder if it could be converted ???

This is what it states,

skyVac™ Internal 78 Machine:

Extremely powerful commercial wet & dry vacuum

Highly efficient twin motors

Large vacuum capacity (78 litres)

Tipping drum for easy emptying

All terrain steel chassis with stainless steel container

Commercial build for the toughest of cleaning demands

It therefore sounds the same as any external vac as it handles wet material. I see it's a front entry so probably will block a lot. I wonder if it's the old Skyvac that they now use for internal work, due to front entry and less power. 

https://www.spinaclean.com/skyvac-industrial-internal-78-wet-dry

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ever so much-you can probably tell I am new to gutter cleaning so looking at pros and cons. The gentleman is selling an atom , the 78, plus camera and Honda generator for £1200 which sounds really competitive but I was looking for something more powerful if the atom not up to the job so thought that the 78 would be ideal.

So it seems that blockages could be an issue Part-timer and less power than the 75.

I think I will call Spinaclean for more advice tomorrow.

Could the  78 be modified to what I need do you think--to side entry ??

Thanks ever so much-you can probably tell I am new to gutter cleaning so looking at pros and cons. The gentleman is selling an atom , the 78, plus camera and Honda generator for £1200 which sounds really competitive but I was looking for something more powerful if the atom not up to the job so thought that the 78 would be ideal.

So it seems that blockages could be an issue Part-timer and less power than the 75.

I think I will call Spinaclean for more advice tomorrow.

Could the  78 be modified to what I need do you think--to side entry ??
Yes it could but you will probably need new poles as well, different diameter inlets. Ask Spinaclean as a 75 with poles camera and genie is probably around £2.5 - £3k

Last edited by a moderator:
Back