Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Accountant Recommendations - Calling this week!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

windowgleamtrowbridge

I'm at a really exciting time in my business and I'm looking to run fully as Ltd and require an accountant.

I'm looking for recommendations as experience in this area would be ideal:

- Ltd company with revenue over 50k

- 2 directors (also employees)

- Require payroll for 2

- Self assessments for director and PAYE for wages.

- Experienced in being tax efficient. Both directors/employees are same address.

- Optional - experience with foster carers

If you have any recommendations please let me know.

If you are able to explain the kind of savings you have managed to make with your accountant then please do share. I'm not entirely sure what I need to be looking for right now but I know I'm at a stage it will benefit me going ltd.

but I know I'm at a stage it will benefit me going ltd
I'm turning over more and there is no benefit in me turning Ltd. The days of tax free dividends are long gone, by all means speak to an Accountant who will advise you the best way for you to go. If you do go Ltd pay yourselves circa £585 per month each, again ask Accountant as it might be possible to pay higher and avoid NI. It is very easy to do payroll for 2 people yourself, if I can anyone can, using "Basic PAYE Tools" software you can download free.

Sell the work you have to the new Company as this will give you the money to survive the first few years with lower wages. Again don't take my advice, go and speak to an Accountant. 

We are in the lucky position of having 2 full tax allowances to utilise, so I cannot see being self-employed using 1 allowance being beneficial any longer to me.

As for payroll, I'm running a business, I don't have time to sit down and deal with that when I can get someone else to do that for me whilst paying for a service I'm already going to be using... Let them sort the maths!

As for selling the work, I'm quite sure rounds are sold as goodwill thus are not tax deductible... Hence I am asking for recommendations for an accountant so they can advise, and being a forum full of window cleaners, I'm sure someone knows someone who is pretty decent!

We are in the lucky position of having 2 full tax allowances to utilise, so I cannot see being self-employed using 1 allowance being beneficial any longer to me.
Become a Partnership, I do the Payroll once a month and it takes me all of 5 minutes and I'm running 2 businesses, a Partnership and a Limited company so I do actually know a little bit of what I'm talking about but as you appear to already know all the answers I'll not bother having anymore input.

Different people require different business structure. I asked for recommendations for window cleaning experienced accountants. Not for accountancy advice.

Based on my research and understanding, ltd could be the way forward, however, the accountants who are recommended may be able to advise otherwise.

It's great that you do your payroll yourself. You probably save a couple of hundred a month and I commend you for that. However, that is what works for you. I have a family, foster children, and a business to manage. I dont have that wonderful thing called 'five minutes'...

@windowgleamtrowbridge Hi there,

Never actually spoke to you previously but work in the same areas.

Gooding Accounts in Westbury. Team there are spot on and they do our accounts.

Just to add into the discussion regarding selling the round.
Whilst it is indeed goodwill, my understanding it is will still be classed as an asset.
An intangible asset and therefore should be subject to amortisation which is depreciation for intangibles.
Best to get that confirmed though.

Great work with the progress too.

Hope that helps and hopefully see you around.

Denis

Different people require different business structure. I asked for recommendations for window cleaning experienced accountants. Not for accountancy advice.

Based on my research and understanding, ltd could be the way forward, however, the accountants who are recommended may be able to advise otherwise.

It's great that you do your payroll yourself. You probably save a couple of hundred a month and I commend you for that. However, that is what works for you. I have a family, foster children, and a business to manage. I dont have that wonderful thing called 'five minutes'...
Go get an accountant in your area. You need a nicer approach, you ask for help then ignore advice, shooting the helpers down. 

@windowgleamtrowbridge Hi there,

Never actually spoke to you previously but work in the same areas.

Gooding Accounts in Westbury. Team there are spot on and they do our accounts.

Just to add into the discussion regarding selling the round.
Whilst it is indeed goodwill, my understanding it is will still be classed as an asset.
An intangible asset and therefore should be subject to amortisation which is depreciation for intangibles.
Best to get that confirmed though.

Great work with the progress too.

Hope that helps and hopefully see you around.

Denis
Thanks Denis

This is a lot of help, especially you being local and exactly the kind of recommendation I'm looking for!

I've seen one of your vans around, and the both of us fighting for top google spot in Trowbridge, but no we haven't spoken!

Nice to know there is another local on here. I've sent them a message to get in touch. I know you're revenue is larger than mine, but are they reasonably priced? Looking about 100-120 a month with VAT ideally.

Thanks Denis

This is a lot of help, especially you being local and exactly the kind of recommendation I'm looking for!

I've seen one of your vans around, and the both of us fighting for top google spot in Trowbridge, but no we haven't spoken!

Nice to know there is another local on here. I've sent them a message to get in touch. I know you're revenue is larger than mine, but are they reasonably priced? Looking about 100-120 a month with VAT ideally.
Sam is the owner. Yes their prices are good.
I pay less than 1k per year but my wife does the payroll for us and I know a fair amount about tax so I rack his brain a lot about our window cleaning and other business. His price may be different depending on what you need but I schedule and record all of our sales in a way that makes it very easy for them to prepare and submit as I'm still a bit hands on at this point.

Van you see if probably Adam, he uses the peugeot and lives in BA14.

I'll text you my mobile and if you need anything, please just let me know.

Sam is the owner. Yes their prices are good.
I pay less than 1k per year but my wife does the payroll for us and I know a fair amount about tax so I rack his brain a lot about our window cleaning and other business. His price may be different depending on what you need but I schedule and record all of our sales in a way that makes it very easy for them to prepare and submit as I'm still a bit hands on at this point.

Van you see if probably Adam, he uses the peugeot and lives in BA14.

I'll text you my mobile and if you need anything, please just let me know.
Thanks that's really helpful.

Yes, think he lives opposite one on my round.

I use Squeegee which helps with reporting. Havent delved into quickbooks etc yet. I'm going to drop them a call in a minute but 1k sounds reasonable as I know you have a few guys on the road!

Thanks again Denis

Back