Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pump boxes - any good?

A S

Quick question....

does anyone have or use Viper Equip Water Fed/Chemical Pump Box/Window Cleaning...Genuine Shurflo 100psi - from ebay? or the Genie in a box?

Are they any good?

Thinking about building one myself but with the case etc I worked out it wouldn't be that much cheaper using good products...shurflo pump/spring flow control/battery & charger etc....

If I'm wrong about the cost of parts - please point me in the right direction.....

Many thanks...

Personally I always thought that flow controllers were a solution to a problem that never existed. 

I have been using the same pump now for 15 years, using it's internal pressure switch. 

Perhaps I'm missing something..i don't know. 

The Viper one being sold on Ebay has had some thought into the build. It does have a solid pump configuration (using filter) and the size and quality of box is good - I cannot make out but it seams it may have some quick release terminals for a battery and some copex etc has been used......

....The listing in the advert talks about beware of cheap Chinese etc but then as already pointed out the controller is a cheap Chinese one - I am building my own version of the viper using mostly the exact parts aside from the controller. My version will have an analogue speed controller with a radio remote.

It's worth noting that if you were building one to the exact specs of the Viper one you are only saving around £40-60

Let me know if you want me to document my build ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I always thought that flow controllers were a solution to a problem that never existed. 

I have been using the same pump now for 15 years, using it's internal pressure switch. 

Perhaps I'm missing something..i don't know. 
I blew up my analogue spring controller years ago and just use a cheap chinese pwm instead.

Not had to change the pressure switch since I had this pump but recently replaced my shower at home and the old one had 3 in it which are the same ones people used to buy from maplins for shurflo pumps so sorted for years now lol.

The Viper one being sold on Ebay has had some thought into the build. It does have a solid pump configuration (using filter) and the size and quality of box is good - I cannot make out but it seams it may have some quick release terminals for a battery and some copex etc has been used......

....The listing in the advert talks about beware of cheap Chinese etc but then as already pointed out the controller is a cheap Chinese one - I am building my own version of the viper using mostly the exact parts aside from the controller. My version will have an analogue speed controller with a radio remote.

It's worth noting that if you were building one to the exact specs of the Viper one you are only saving around £40-60

Let me know if you want me to document my build ?
Yes please, that would be a great help. 

Thanks

The pump controllers are just good for varying the flow of water rate - I like to have one with a kn0b that I can use when wearing gloves. The more modern flow controllers have a load sensing capability that can turn of the pump and therefore bypassing the pressure switch. 

Here is the controller I’m proposing- yes it’s a China one BUT it’s made well and functionally can be operated with gloves, retains last memory as it’s analogue has a power indicator and can cope with the load without burn out !

watch for size comparison 

BD79318C-509B-46C3-8DC9-CBD8FA8F013F.jpeg

I’m just awaiting the box, wiring and some stainless steel jubilee clips - dremel at the ready to cut the hole required for the panel and the other two holes needed are for the hozelock connectors - think I’ll leave it as hozelock as it means I can then use this pump box for other jobs such as offloading containers and pumping water from garden straight into the boot of the car. The remote is also on order - so e of this Chinese stuff is junk and if a controller isn’t needed then save money by just using the inbuilt micro switch and valve - or wireless relay.

This is the box that’s arriving tomorrow hopefully - it’s the exact same one as in the VIPER plus you’ll note the filter for the Shurflo and TEFEN is also the exact configuration ?

box and lid = £14 delivered ?

CD765E5F-0942-4F35-A665-3BDA6283CF66.jpeg

If you don't need the trolley just use the box. Its best to use a good quality Pump, Battery, Flow controller and it will last you years.

I built this Trolley over 5 years ago and still use it to this day. Only replacing the tyres and hose. 

Latest Posts

Back