Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Skyvac advice needed

KGEC

Hi all 

I am looking at investing in the skyvac interceptor with the 40ft reach has anyone used one and give me an advice on how easy they are to use? 

thanks 

Hi all 

I am looking at investing in the skyvac interceptor with the 40ft reach has anyone used one and give me an advice on how easy they are to use? 

thanks 
Yes I have one awesome piece of kit any questions just ask 

DB1654E3-2082-4EAD-A59C-B95584F7A064.jpeg

CCAB6179-A139-46BA-A3FB-241F6CF3EBEE.jpeg

7C0ADF98-5F6E-47AE-9E24-1409E3DCD77B.jpeg

C03DFBC5-4CB8-4EDC-B18B-E2D429DA0A09.jpeg

Hi Pjj 

thanks for the offer and I’ll take you up on it.

Do you think the 40ft poles are realistic to use or are they too heavy? 

On a standard three bed house roughly how long would it take to complete a clean? 

Is it easy to push in and out of the van with ramps? I wasn’t sure on the wheels  

It looks better in your pictures than theirs!

thanks

Hi Pjj 

thanks for the offer and I’ll take you up on it.

Do you think the 40ft poles are realistic to use or are they too heavy? 

On a standard three bed house roughly how long would it take to complete a clean? 

Is it easy to push in and out of the van with ramps? I wasn’t sure on the wheels  

It looks better in your pictures than theirs!

thanks
40 feet of poles can be held easily with one hand they are light as a feather .

standard 3 bed semi takes me 20-35 muinits but without boasting that’s partly down to experience and technique. 

We normally work two men per van so getting it in and out is easy , but recently I have been using it on my own I tip it up on the back wheels push it foward until the front wheels are inside the van then lift up on the handle and it’s in the van dead easy , it looks big and heavy and unwieldy but it’s not I used to have an omnivac and genie before this is so much easier to use and move no power leads to trip over and only one piece of kit to move  , provided you have the work to justify spending 5k I would thoroughly recommend it , i was looking at the industrial 85 but so glad I got this instead , if you weren’t so far away I would say come and have a go with mine . Hope this helps a bit anything else don’t be afrade to ask , trust me you will be delighted with it . Have you used a vac before ?? 

40 feet of poles can be held easily with one hand they are light as a feather .

standard 3 bed semi takes me 20-35 muinits but without boasting that’s partly down to experience and technique. 

We normally work two men per van so getting it in and out is easy , but recently I have been using it on my own I tip it up on the back wheels push it foward until the front wheels are inside the van then lift up on the handle and it’s in the van dead easy , it looks big and heavy and unwieldy but it’s not I used to have an omnivac and genie before this is so much easier to use and move no power leads to trip over and only one piece of kit to move  , provided you have the work to justify spending 5k I would thoroughly recommend it , i was looking at the industrial 85 but so glad I got this instead , if you weren’t so far away I would say come and have a go with mine . Hope this helps a bit anything else don’t be afrade to ask , trust me you will be delighted with it . Have you used a vac before ?? 
Thanks PJJ. I appreciate your help with this. I haven’t got any work as of yet we are just launching our business. We manage around 100 sites through our other business, and been asked multiple times to do it. These are schools, industrial sites etc I spoke to 10 last week and they all want quotes so if I play my cards right I’ll hit the ground running. Majority of our sites have normal guttering and those that don’t we can do with a cherry picker. I guess I look at it as speculate to accumulate... by what you are saying there could be some good work out of it. 

Thanks PJJ. I appreciate your help with this. I haven’t got any work as of yet we are just launching our business. We manage around 100 sites through our other business, and been asked multiple times to do it. These are schools, industrial sites etc I spoke to 10 last week and they all want quotes so if I play my cards right I’ll hit the ground running. Majority of our sites have normal guttering and those that don’t we can do with a cherry picker. I guess I look at it as speculate to accumulate... by what you are saying there could be some good work out of it. 
If you have contacts like that Ime sure you will make a success of it mine was paid for in a matter of a few jobs everything now is  profit , we do a lot of hotels, nursing/care homes , manor houses sheltered accommodation blocks of flats and have quite a few Annual contracts , as well as the normal domestic stuff , it’s a very nice add on to the window cleaning . 

If you have contacts like that Ime sure you will make a success of it mine was paid for in a matter of a few jobs everything now is  profit , we do a lot of hotels, nursing/care homes , manor houses sheltered accommodation blocks of flats and have quite a few Annual contracts , as well as the normal domestic stuff , it’s a very nice add on to the window cleaning . 
Absolutely brilliant to hear the feedback. I’ll tell them pjj sent me and hopefully you’ll get a discount on your next purchase !!! Thanks for your input. 

I was only thinking today how much I want to try and work on targeting some commercial gutter clearing, just got to figure out where to start!! Any tips welcome haha

Last edited by a moderator:
I was only thinking today how much I want to try and work on targeting some commercial gutter clearing, just got to figure out where to start!! Any tips welcome haha
I targeted my existing commercial customers and the management companies we do work for Ime a listed  contractor for window cleaning , softwashing , gutter vaccing , pressure washing , so when they get a building that needs gutter vaccing we get asked to either quote for the work or just do it if it’s a property we have done before . Look at your window cleaning customers and try them just tk get a few jobs and experience , or if you see a problem on a property give them a knock and see if they are interested in a quote   , that’s how I started doing it , now we are well known for this type of work in our area and the work comes to us , 

I targeted my existing commercial customers and the management companies we do work for Ime a listed  contractor for window cleaning , softwashing , gutter vaccing , pressure washing , so when they get a building that needs gutter vaccing we get asked to either quote for the work or just do it if it’s a property we have done before . Look at your window cleaning customers and try them just tk get a few jobs and experience , or if you see a problem on a property give them a knock and see if they are interested in a quote   , that’s how I started doing it , now we are well known for this type of work in our area and the work comes to us , 
Cheers mate, Do one or two days a week on gutters/Add-on's on residential but obviously commercial have more gutters haha! I'll put that into practice.

Cheers mate, Do one or two days a week on gutters/Add-on's on residential but obviously commercial have more gutters haha! I'll put that into practice.
Look at any nursing homes care homes in your area we do loads and they are usualy reasonably big buildings so nice money we have one we do  every 12 weeks at £300 a go . 

Look at any nursing homes care homes in your area we do loads and they are usualy reasonably big buildings so nice money we have one we do  every 12 weeks at £300 a go . 
Great Idea, where I am is full of them as well! Should I approach with an email do you think? Or in person (probably not in person at the moment haha)

Great Idea, where I am is full of them as well! Should I approach with an email do you think? Or in person (probably not in person at the moment haha)
I would go there in person ( obviously when restrictions are lifted ) ask for the maintenance manager if they have one , if not see who ever is in charge  , explaine what you can do , it’s worth  taking the camera and pole and show them what’s in the gutters , look for  ones where there is obviously a problem put up the camera and show them what it’s like, we can clear all this for you unblock all down pipes  water test for free flow of water for  £££ , once you get a foot in the door get them on an annual clean , at a reduced price provided there arnt trees towering over the building so that it’s going to be bad each time , that’s what I have done works a treat we now have nursing homes recommending us to other homes , and many of theses nursing/care homes are in a chain with 2,3,4,5 owned by the same people so you end up picking up the lot . I cannot mention the names on a public forum but we do  loads like this for  a very well known firm and go as far as Chelsea in London . 

I would go there in person ( obviously when restrictions are lifted ) ask for the maintenance manager if they have one , if not see who ever is in charge  , explaine what you can do , it’s worth  taking the camera and pole and show them what’s in the gutters , look for  ones where there is obviously a problem put up the camera and show them what it’s like, we can clear all this for you unblock all down pipes  water test for free flow of water for  £££ , once you get a foot in the door get them on an annual clean , at a reduced price provided there arnt trees towering over the building so that it’s going to be bad each time , that’s what I have done works a treat we now have nursing homes recommending us to other homes , and many of theses nursing/care homes are in a chain with 2,3,4,5 owned by the same people so you end up picking up the lot . I cannot mention the names on a public forum but we do  loads like this for  a very well known firm and go as far as Chelsea in London . 
Brilliant advice, as usual, thanks a lot! 

Back