Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wiring car WFP System

Hi, so... I just put my WFP system together at the back of my car (C4 Grand Picasso) , can't afford a van at the moment. 

I need some advise on how to put the cables, controller attached somewhere so they're not just hanging on the floor of my car. I really have no idea how to or where to get electrical things from. 

What would you guys do with this and my car? I have no space next to the tank, just the sides of my car

Thanks, any tips welcome!

213BB862-3DB1-44E5-873B-AEFBACD96CC4.jpeg

Hi, so... I just put my WFP system together at the back of my car (C4 Grand Picasso) , can't afford a van at the moment. 

I need some advise on how to put the cables, controller attached somewhere so they're not just hanging on the floor of my car. I really have no idea how to or where to get electrical things from. 

What would you guys do with this and my car? I have no space next to the tank, just the sides of my car

Thanks, any tips welcome!

View attachment 20460
I'd be amazed if that is legal and whether your car is insurable, looks like an accident waiting to happen. 

It's not in use yet. everything is well attached except for the cables that I'll need to attach somehow on the side of my car. I'm thinking of putting the battery either on the backseats or add a shelf on top of the tank with the battery and the controller next to it.

It's not in use yet. everything is well attached except for the cables that I'll need to attach somehow on the side of my car. I'm thinking of putting the battery either on the backseats or add a shelf on top of the tank with the battery and the controller next to it.
U say attached? What have you got holding tank down ? That’s good idea battery on a shelf on top of tank,

please do an emergency break at 60mpb and let us know where the battery ends up?

I have been out testing it and no it doesn't move. There's barely any space for the tank to move also as the tank is against my car.

Anyway the topic was about cable wiring not about the tank? perhaps this is not the place to find constructive advise

I have been out testing it and no it doesn't move. There's barely any space for the tank to move also as the tank is against my car.

Anyway the topic was about cable wiring not about the tank? perhaps this is not the place to find constructive advise
Constructive advice? Don’t drive with that tank in your car boot?

you couldn’t of tested it surely ? Less you’ve been having crashes on motorway ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, this is a serious post, you must be really bored to come and troll to a new starter asking for advice. Anyway good luck, your sarcasm won't stop me from doing my rounds ?
To be fair he is right what do you think will happen to that tank in an accident ??? It will travel  foward with the likely hood of hitting you , looks like it could be a 400 ltr ?. Google what that will weigh in a head on crash at 30 mph you will be shocked , no flimsy seat will stop that , ones arnt trolling you but trying to point out the potential dangers to you and your family from the way you are working .   

Google what that will weigh in a head on crash at 30 mph you will be shocked , no flimsy seat will stop that , ones arnt trolling you but trying to point out the potential dangers to you and your family from the way you are working .   
To save the google, 400kg to a dead stop at 30mph works out at an unsecured force of.............
91 tonnes?
That better be some damn sticky expanding foam!

(even if it takes 0.5 seconds to stop, which is rather leisurely for an accident, its still over 1 tonne in force)

Last edited by a moderator:
The tank is attached to the floor, and strapped from the sides and has no angle to move, I had it done by another window cleaner that has his tank on the boot of a pick up truck. The seats are not even touching the tank, and I have tested emergency stops and motorway driving, it doesn't move. I have also just texted the window cleaner that had it done and he said it's legal in the UK to do so and he's had it inspected by a health and safety inspector, and it's safe. He started window cleaning in a estate car with the tank at the back, and many are still doing so. There's no difference with a 7 Seater.

He was no pointing a danger, he was just making fun of it for the sake of it. If he really wanted to help he would have suggested in a different way.

The tank is attached to the floor, and strapped from the sides and has no angle to move, I had it done by another window cleaner that has his tank on the boot of a pick up truck. The seats are not even touching the tank, and I have tested emergency stops and motorway driving, it doesn't move. I have also just texted the window cleaner that had it done and he said it's legal in the UK to do so and he's had it inspected by a health and safety inspector, and it's safe. He started window cleaning in a estate car with the tank at the back, and many are still doing so. There's no difference with a 7 Seater.

He was no pointing a danger, he was just making fun of it for the sake of it. If he really wanted to help he would have suggested in a different way.
You have came on here looking for some advice

My advice was DONT DRIVE WITH THAT TANK ,

why don’t you ring ur insurance and explain the situation, then please come on here and correct me?

I did, and because the tank is not screwed into the car it doesn't count as modification. Think you can carry things on the roof of the car, with straps, what makes a boot so different?

No extra cost on my business insurance. Sorry to disappoint you ? if you want to be helpful you would be constructive with your criticism, go read constructive in the dictionary. I think you need it

I'd be amazed if that is legal and whether your car is insurable, looks like an accident waiting to happen. 
The reel and ladders would be classed as unsecure load just resting on their like that.

I used to work from a car but the way that is set up is pure lunacy.

Get stopped by a traffic officer and see what he thinks.

The reel and ladders would be classed as unsecure load just resting on their like that.

I used to work from a car but the way that is set up is pure lunacy.

Get stopped by a traffic officer and see what he thinks.
It’s fine,

insurance company’s don’t mind as-long as you use expanding foam to secure your goods down ?

It’s fine,

insurance company’s don’t mind as-long as you use expanding foam to secure your goods down ?
I use straps that are hooked to the bottom of the car. You are just that unhelpful toxic kind of person aren't you? You just came into this post with a bad attitude and looking for an argument. Go out have your hour of excercise mate.

This system was not even started to be in use, and all I had in this forum was sarcastic comments without any idea on how it works and just assuming the whole situation because, it's a 250l water tank in a car(omg! The MI6 is going to prosecute me!)?, and that seems to wind up a lot of the well established window cleaners. This car is designed to carry up to 4 big suitcases at the back and 2 small ones. That's almost 200kg. So the suitcases are going to fly and kill my rear passengers? 

The load I am carrying is safely strapped, attached and it will never EVER be able to get past the seats at the back, there is no lashing points and no space for the tank to have enough motion strenght. If you think that's possible you have been watching too many movies. 

If you're a newbie trying to start something from scratch, stay away from this forum. You're better off in another window cleaning forum or even Youtube, some people here are helpful, but the vast majority are just in this forum looking for an argument, criticism or competing with others to feed their own ego. And you can see that not just on this post but on so many others.

I use straps that are hooked to the bottom of the car. You are just that unhelpful toxic kind of person aren't you? You just came into this post with a bad attitude and looking for an argument. Go out have your hour of excercise mate.

This system was not even started to be in use, and all I had in this forum was sarcastic comments without any idea on how it works and just assuming the whole situation because, it's a 250l water tank in a car(omg! The MI6 is going to prosecute me!)?, and that seems to wind up a lot of the well established window cleaners. This car is designed to carry up to 4 big suitcases at the back and 2 small ones. That's almost 200kg. So the suitcases are going to fly and kill my rear passengers? 

The load I am carrying is safely strapped, attached and it will never EVER be able to get past the seats at the back, there is no lashing points and no space for the tank to have enough motion strenght. If you think that's possible you have been watching too many movies. 

If you're a newbie trying to start something from scratch, stay away from this forum. You're better off in another window cleaning forum or even Youtube, some people here are helpful, but the vast majority are just in this forum looking for an argument, criticism or competing with others to feed their own ego. And you can see that not just on this post but on so many others.
Actually when you have guys on here with lots of experience and knowledge you may do better to listen to the wealth of info available on here.

Some people on here know the guy who died last year from a poorly secured tank and that went through a van bulkhead let alone some soft seats.

You may not like what you read on here but it's only from experience that we make statements like that.

Obviously as your mate said it's ok then that is fine lol.

Do you understand how water moves and shifts weight inside a tank??

Obviously not as suitcases would be fine then a tank full of water must be the same.?

Having been in the Fireservice for  over 30 years I have seen people crushed to death , impaled , and seriously ,injured  , buy unsecured and inappropriate methods of carrying goods , your family car is not designed to carry a 250 ltr water tank it may be designed to carry 4 suitcases at a maximum weight of 30 kg each but most airlines restrict you to 20-23 kg so no ware near the weight of that tank filled with water , the kinetic energy in that tank is huge ,and Ime telling you now if that hits you you will be dead not might be you will , people are trying to help you out hear with sound advice , if you don’t like what they are saying that’s fine but don’t have a go and insult them , this forum is a very friendly and helpful place there are occasional disagreements usually without ones throwing there toys out of the pram , if you don’t like what you might hear it would be best not to ask any questions . 

Back