Jump to content

Exeed after service


steve garwood

Recommended Posts

steve garwood

A lot of talk on here lately about bad after service. Well I’d like to mention some excellent after service.

I’ve had a few after care calls to Steve and Sam at Exceed and every time they are always prompt and very helpful.

Bought 3 univalves off them fairly recently. 2 of them work perfectly, the 3rd not so. Sent them a video on Whattsapp and they instantly responded and are sending out a replacement. 
 

Only Gardiners after service are nearly as good in my opinion. Except their phone response which leaves a lot to be desired.

 Thank you Exeed 🙂👨‍🦰

Link to post
1 hour ago, steve garwood said:

A lot of talk on here lately about bad after service. Well I’d like to mention some excellent after service.

I’ve had a few after care calls to Steve and Sam at Exceed and every time they are always prompt and very helpful.

Bought 3 univalves off them fairly recently. 2 of them work perfectly, the 3rd not so. Sent them a video on Whattsapp and they instantly responded and are sending out a replacement. 
 

Only Gardiners after service are nearly as good in my opinion. Except their phone response which leaves a lot to be desired.

 Thank you Exeed 🙂👨‍🦰

I agree. I've not had dealings with Steve yet. But I have dealt with Sam on several occasions fairly recently, asking for his advice with changing over to Univalve and Hoseless. He couldn't have been more helpful.

Gardiner’s have always been very helpful and prompt with me as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
windowsurfer

Love the univalves, got the blue exceed hose, a while back n like it to. 

I've had bother recently with possibly the pressure to switch univalve on n off, as has popped tube n inner gubbins on jet capsule of extreme sill brush, usually can push it in, but had to use other brush. Have pushed it all in again when home.

20200513_163019.jpg

Link to post

The univalves are a very important piece of kit, I’m fancying their slik connect, sick of recurs popping off all the time. 
 

13 minutes ago, windowsurfer said:

Love the univalves, got the blue exceed hose, a while back n like it to. 

I've had bother recently with possibly the pressure to switch univalve on n off, as has popped tube n inner gubbins on jet capsule of extreme sill brush, usually can push it in, but had to use other brush. Have pushed it all in again when home.

20200513_163019.jpg

That’s does seem a regular problem, I’ve got that brush but not used it yet. 
They reckon the new hose fitment is better, It’s closer to the brush, you would have thought this problem would have showed up in the testing period.  

Link to post
1 minute ago, windowsurfer said:

Love the univalves, got the blue exceed hose, a while back n like it to. 

I've had bother recently with possibly the pressure to switch univalve on n off, as has popped tube n inner gubbins on jet capsule of extreme sill brush, usually can push it in, but had to use other brush. Have pushed it all in again when home.

20200513_163019.jpg

Have you secured the hose from being pulled back where it comes out of the gooseneck? In my experience once the jets pull out once they tend to pull out easily and frequently. There should be no pulling force at all at the central tee-piece. I highly recommend the restrainer clips which Skxawng has recently introduced to the trade. We've been using them now for a few weeks and rate them very highly.

If you're jet capsule habitually comes apart it should be an easy fix. If you get a small bottle of Gorilla Glue, apply a little around the part that has pulled out. Make sure that it's slightly damp to activate the glue. It expands slightly so you need to make sure that you don't get any in the jet opening. Clamp it in place and leave it undisturbed overnight. 🙂

  • Like 3
Link to post
windowsurfer

I do have a clip in goose neck,but must be too much movement still. 

There is a disclaimer on gardeners website that Doug at daqua sent me a link to the brush, regarding putting a clip in if using a pull device.

 

I'm sure Alex gardener wont be too happy at having to mention this issue, engineer design fault imo.

What is the clip you are referring too?

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brush-fittings-jets-sockets-scrapers/jet-capsules-quick-release-jets-for-brushes.html

Link to post
8 hours ago, steve garwood said:

A lot of talk on here lately about bad after service. Well I’d like to mention some excellent after service.

I’ve had a few after care calls to Steve and Sam at Exceed and every time they are always prompt and very helpful.

Bought 3 univalves off them fairly recently. 2 of them work perfectly, the 3rd not so. Sent them a video on Whattsapp and they instantly responded and are sending out a replacement. 
 

Only Gardiners after service are nearly as good in my opinion. Except their phone response which leaves a lot to be desired.

 Thank you Exeed 🙂👨‍🦰

Not had many dealings with exceed but good to know. I avoid dealing with any suppliers with poor after care. I agree with you about Gardiners, can't fault them really but they could up their game by having someone always at the end of the phone. 

Link to post
50 minutes ago, windowsurfer said:

I do have a clip in goose neck,but must be too much movement still. 

There is a disclaimer on gardeners website that Doug at daqua sent me a link to the brush, regarding putting a clip in if using a pull device.

 

I'm sure Alex gardener wont be too happy at having to mention this issue, engineer design fault imo.

What is the clip you are referring too?

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brush-fittings-jets-sockets-scrapers/jet-capsules-quick-release-jets-for-brushes.html

It's not a design fault. The Univalve is a product from a different manufacturer that can be used very successfully in Gardiner poles as an after market addition but it needs to be set up correctly. Whichever clip is used it needs to be set in the right position, so as you're not yanking on the tee-piece which is simply a small plumbing piece, not designed to be used as an anchor for operating a Univalve. Possibly if you move the clip closer to the gooseneck it may solve the problem. Not too close or the Univalve won't work.

I can't remember the product name for the clip. Try and pm Skxawng through the forum and I'm sure he'll be able to sort you out. I'll try and find the details after work tomorrow. Unless someone else can kindly provide them in the meantime.

  • Like 2
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Bart90 said:

Not had many dealings with exceed but good to know. I avoid dealing with any suppliers with poor after care. I agree with you about Gardiners, can't fault them really but they could up their game by having someone always at the end of the phone. 

Yeah it is always nice to be able to talk with someone on the phone. But in fairness any time I've contacted them by voicemail or email they've been very prompt and helpful in getting back to me by the same media.

 

Link to post

Both exceed and Gardiners plus Doug Daqua all excellent service👍

 

I have five brushes with the capsules and never ever had a problem with any 👍

@Davy G is spot on with using a o ring or @Skxawng invention, also Gardiner are now selling the close couple low profile addition for the capsules which are highly recommended. 

Link to post
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Den said:

Both exceed and Gardiners plus Doug Daqua all excellent service👍

 

I have five brushes with the capsules and never ever had a problem with any 👍

@Davy G is spot on with using a o ring or @Skxawng invention, also Gardiner are now selling the close couple low profile addition for the capsules which are highly recommended. 

I've not had reason to deal with Doug yet but I know from the forum that he's well liked.

I'll look into the low profile addition Den. My jet hoses have snagged a few times on downpipes and French door frames. Not so much now as I watch out for it.

Edited by Davy G
Link to post
20 hours ago, windowsurfer said:

I do have a clip in goose neck,but must be too much movement still. 

There is a disclaimer on gardeners website that Doug at daqua sent me a link to the brush, regarding putting a clip in if using a pull device.

 

I'm sure Alex gardener wont be too happy at having to mention this issue, engineer design fault imo.

What is the clip you are referring too?

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/brush-fittings-jets-sockets-scrapers/jet-capsules-quick-release-jets-for-brushes.html

I've had a try to find the link for the locking clip but I haven't yet found it. They are great, you can fit them in line and adjust them easily after pulling out the red clip. I set them with about an inch of slack between the clip and the gooseneck. You can see this with a gentle pull of the top of the hose. When it's released it will settle back against the gooseneck as shown in the photo.

20200514_160422.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
doug atkinson
On 13/05/2020 at 17:20, windowsurfer said:

Love the univalves, got the blue exceed hose, a while back n like it to. 

I've had bother recently with possibly the pressure to switch univalve on n off, as has popped tube n inner gubbins on jet capsule of extreme sill brush, usually can push it in, but had to use other brush. Have pushed it all in again when home.

20200513_163019.jpg

You've got hands like a Gorilla  😂 only joking

  • Haha 2
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.