Beast of a conservatory!

Really struggling with quote for this job. Huge conny, in decent shape, good access and can work from floor. Must be 30 foot long.. what would you price at? Help? Thanks 

green1.jpg

green2.jpg

green3.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ks789

• scottish cleaning service

• Chris34

• Nick1000

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Id be starting at £560 (66 panels @8.50) then adding some for wooden frame etc...

The best thing I've done in a while was putting prices from £10 on my flyers.  Anytime anyone rings they know it's going to be at least a tenner.  It cuts out all the ones that want it done for nothin

I don't know how long you've been doing this job but before you started could you imagine that one day you'd be moaning that you only made £160 in a day

Posted Images

Is it inside and out or just outside ?? Regular clean or one off ?..looks like a glass roof ? Wood or plastic conservatory, all theses things will affect the price .

Just now, Pjj said:

Is it inside and out or just outside ?? Regular clean or one off ?..looks like a glass roof ? Wood or plastic conservatory, all theses things will affect the price .

Just outside, one off, glass roof, assuming it's wood - I didn't even consider that! Thanks for reply

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Nick1000 said:

Just outside, one off, glass roof, assuming it's wood - I didn't even consider that! Thanks for reply

It’s going to take longer to clean if it’s wood , one off clean I would be wanting £500-700 get them to phone Thomas Sanderson for a quote and do it for  half that price I bet they would be £1200-1500 

Edited by Pjj

If thats a swimming pool in there, and all the flooring to suit could probably do the inside wfp even. I had an old conny to do inside and out, and because it was a stone floor was able to do inside wfp. Didnt half make it easier. I'd guess 150 outside? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
6 minutes ago, Pjj said:

It’s going to take longer to clean if it’s wood , one off clean I would be wanting £500-700 get them to phone Thomas Sanderson for a quote and do it for  half that price I bet they would be £1200-1500 

Sounds like a lot of money!

10 minutes ago, Nick1000 said:

Sounds like a lot of money!

They are a lot of work ,time consuming , lots of water ,especially if wooden frames  as they hold the dirt , it’s a big conservatory. I wouldn’t be intrested in doing it for less , we don’t get all we Price but do  get the vast majority , pictures are always a bit deceptive but it’s a decent size pool inside it . 

• Like 2

That one does look a pain. They are time consuming and knackering and if not done many can be a shock. I like the idea of charging per panel, could lead to less under-estimating,

Neil.. Lancashire
1 hour ago, Nick1000 said:

Really struggling with quote for this job. Huge conny, in decent shape, good access and can work from floor. Must be 30 foot long.. what would you price at? Help? Thanks 

green1.jpg

green2.jpg

green3.jpg

Hi Nick,

Did they approach you for the quote or were you out canvassing the area and was then asked to quote this job?

It can make a difference to how serious they are about spending the money to get it done.

Big job for you so early in your career. 

Let us know how you get on, you will definitely gain some experience from a job like this. 

• Agree 3
47 minutes ago, Neil.. Lancashire said:

Hi Nick,

Did they approach you for the quote or were you out canvassing the area and was then asked to quote this job?

It can make a difference to how serious they are about spending the money to get it done.

Big job for you so early in your career. 

Let us know how you get on, you will definitely gain some experience from a job like this. 

They contacted me. Good point. Thanks Nick 

1 minute ago, dazmond said:

id want £190 for that roof clean..........its a 3 hour job including windows.....

Id sub it to you for £190 all day long 😂

• Agree 2

Personally I think that's to big, and technical, of a job for a newbie. If that was a Perspex roof then I'd say go for it but a glass roof under trees is a very hard job and to get it perfect will be difficult for an experienced hand. I'm usually very gung ho regarding jobs as I always think I'll make it work somehow. Doesn't even look like there's any downpipes for the gutters

Posted (edited)

Must be a north south divide, some amazing numbers, even at £190 for the day! Being honest I'm glad I've seen this post and pictures as I've been asked to do a conny at half this size so It's food for thought price wise before I quote , really not sure what price I'd ask being in Stoke. 

Guessing your changing your hourly rate given the complexity of the job, what would people suggest as a rate change? Earn 35-40 a hour on the windows, so would 50-60 quid a hour (in the north) be viable? New customer who's windows I'm doing too for £20 once a month from June.

Edited by Ana
1 minute ago, Ana said:

Must be a north south divide, some amazing numbers, even at £190 for the day! Being honest I'm glad I've seen this post and pictures as I've been asked to do a conny at half this size so It's food for thought price wise before I quote , really not sure what price I'd ask being in Stoke. 

Guessing your changing your hourly rate given the complexity of the job, what would people suggest as a rate change? Earn 35-40 a hour on the windows, so would 50-60 quid a hour (in the north) be viable? 

You're not in the North it would take me 3 hours to drive to you 😛

15 minutes ago, Ana said:

Guessing your changing your hourly rate given the complexity of the job, what would people suggest as a rate change? Earn 35-40 a hour on the windows, so would 50-60 quid a hour (in the north) be viable? New customer who's windows I'm doing too for £20 once a month from June.

Try phoning Thomas Sanderson and get a price off them over the last 7 years or so I have never known them quote less than £1000 for anything , we are now doing work that they have done in the past for half there price and the customers are highly delighted and say we have done  a better job 

windowsurfer

All the best, looks like hard graft from those that have experience of such jobs. If you are in doubt give an hourly rate n it takes what it takes or give them a maximum if u want. One of those jobs that will make you think afterwards if it was with it.

I’d be wanting £300-350 and I’d take my time on it... do a good job & they’ll have you back next year to do it again although you probably won’t want to