Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Beast of a conservatory!

Nick1000

Really struggling with quote for this job. Huge conny, in decent shape, good access and can work from floor. Must be 30 foot long.. what would you price at? Help? Thanks 

green1.jpg

green2.jpg

green3.jpg

Is it inside and out or just outside ?? Regular clean or one off ?..looks like a glass roof ? Wood or plastic conservatory, all theses things will affect the price .

Is it inside and out or just outside ?? Regular clean or one off ?..looks like a glass roof ? Wood or plastic conservatory, all theses things will affect the price .
Just outside, one off, glass roof, assuming it's wood - I didn't even consider that! Thanks for reply

Just outside, one off, glass roof, assuming it's wood - I didn't even consider that! Thanks for reply
It’s going to take longer to clean if it’s wood , one off clean I would be wanting £500-700 get them to phone Thomas Sanderson for a quote and do it for  half that price I bet they would be £1200-1500 

Last edited by a moderator:
If thats a swimming pool in there, and all the flooring to suit could probably do the inside wfp even. I had an old conny to do inside and out, and because it was a stone floor was able to do inside wfp. Didnt half make it easier. I'd guess 150 outside? 

Sounds like a lot of money!
They are a lot of work ,time consuming , lots of water ,especially if wooden frames  as they hold the dirt , it’s a big conservatory. I wouldn’t be intrested in doing it for less , we don’t get all we Price but do  get the vast majority , pictures are always a bit deceptive but it’s a decent size pool inside it . 

We did this one and it’s very awkward for £750 , it’s 22 feet from the house to the front of the conservatory ??

BD904C0A-5FBA-4E23-B2BE-A86E34481480.jpeg

57A6C172-0173-4757-A057-802EA08655FB.jpeg

8A572BB3-32E2-4FB5-916D-278A6411C069.jpeg

F2A38A94-06D9-45A3-9479-5E22EECC186D.jpeg

That one does look a pain. They are time consuming and knackering and if not done many can be a shock. I like the idea of charging per panel, could lead to less under-estimating,

Really struggling with quote for this job. Huge conny, in decent shape, good access and can work from floor. Must be 30 foot long.. what would you price at? Help? Thanks 

View attachment 20462

View attachment 20463

View attachment 20464
Hi Nick,

Did they approach you for the quote or were you out canvassing the area and was then asked to quote this job?

It can make a difference to how serious they are about spending the money to get it done.

Big job for you so early in your career. 

Let us know how you get on, you will definitely gain some experience from a job like this. 

Hi Nick,

Did they approach you for the quote or were you out canvassing the area and was then asked to quote this job?

It can make a difference to how serious they are about spending the money to get it done.

Big job for you so early in your career. 

Let us know how you get on, you will definitely gain some experience from a job like this. 
They contacted me. Good point. Thanks Nick 

Personally I think that's to big, and technical, of a job for a newbie. If that was a Perspex roof then I'd say go for it but a glass roof under trees is a very hard job and to get it perfect will be difficult for an experienced hand. I'm usually very gung ho regarding jobs as I always think I'll make it work somehow. Doesn't even look like there's any downpipes for the gutters

Must be a north south divide, some amazing numbers, even at £190 for the day! Being honest I'm glad I've seen this post and pictures as I've been asked to do a conny at half this size so It's food for thought price wise before I quote , really not sure what price I'd ask being in Stoke. 

Guessing your changing your hourly rate given the complexity of the job, what would people suggest as a rate change? Earn 35-40 a hour on the windows, so would 50-60 quid a hour (in the north) be viable? New customer who's windows I'm doing too for £20 once a month from June.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be a north south divide, some amazing numbers, even at £190 for the day! Being honest I'm glad I've seen this post and pictures as I've been asked to do a conny at half this size so It's food for thought price wise before I quote , really not sure what price I'd ask being in Stoke. 

Guessing your changing your hourly rate given the complexity of the job, what would people suggest as a rate change? Earn 35-40 a hour on the windows, so would 50-60 quid a hour (in the north) be viable? 
You're not in the North it would take me 3 hours to drive to you ?

Guessing your changing your hourly rate given the complexity of the job, what would people suggest as a rate change? Earn 35-40 a hour on the windows, so would 50-60 quid a hour (in the north) be viable? New customer who's windows I'm doing too for £20 once a month from June.
Try phoning Thomas Sanderson and get a price off them over the last 7 years or so I have never known them quote less than £1000 for anything , we are now doing work that they have done in the past for half there price and the customers are highly delighted and say we have done  a better job 

All the best, looks like hard graft from those that have experience of such jobs. If you are in doubt give an hourly rate n it takes what it takes or give them a maximum if u want. One of those jobs that will make you think afterwards if it was with it.

i would fully expect not to get the job at £190 too.......i very rarely do........im not interested unless i can earn at least £60-£65 an hour on this type of work so i dont care anyway......

most customers are shocked when you give them the price...they dont realise the work thats involved....the work is a lot harder than regular maintenance window cleaning....

Back