Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Controller flashes briefly then turns off.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dabber

Hi

over the last few weeks on a number of occasions when I turn on my controller it briefly flashes “30” the flow rate and then turns off.

It will invariably turn on and be fine when I press it again. I’ve replaced the fuse which hasn’t stopped the problem.Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Dabber

Hi

over the last few weeks on a number of occasions when I turn on my controller it briefly flashes “30” the flow rate and then turns off.

It will invariably turn on and be fine when I press it again. I’ve replaced the fuse which hasn’t stopped the problem.Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Dabber
There have been numerous responses to controller issues these past few weeks. Have a look at some of the info on those posts.

I would suggest that the only way of knowing what the fault could be is to contact Spring Europe and ask their advice. They might well ask you to return your controller to them the manufacturer for inspection and repair as necessary.

This sounds as though there could be a faulty connection in the cables between the battery and the controller. Try removing the fuse for around 30 seconds as that is one way to reset the controller.

Have you reversed polarity of the battery cables recently?

Take battery terminals off, give them a good rub with some steel wool on the inside of each terminal and then give the lugs a good rub too. Connect terminals back onto battery and it shouldnt happen again. I had this issue a while back and this solved the problem

There have been numerous responses to controller issues these past few weeks. Have a look at some of the info on those posts.

I would suggest that the only way of knowing what the fault could be is to contact Spring Europe and ask their advice. They might well ask you to return your controller to them the manufacturer for inspection and repair as necessary.

This sounds as though there could be a faulty connection in the cables between the battery and the controller. Try removing the fuse for around 30 seconds as that is one way to reset the controller.

Have you reversed polarity of the battery cables recently?
@spruce a quick question if that’s ok. Is it ok to use a fully charged 85amp leisure battery to jump start a van?

Sorry it’s off topic, but it’s just a quickie ?

@spruce a quick question if that’s ok. Is it ok to use a fully charged 85amp leisure battery to jump start a van?

If the leisure battery has a CCA rating then yes you can. If it hasn't then no is the blunt answer.

If its a standard leisure battery then the chances are you will kill it. I would rather use another vehicle to jump start the van.

If you are concerned about your battery going flat with sitting on the drive whilst you are off your Numax charger will charge your van battery in about an hour to keep it tip top. 

Thanks everyone for the replies.My system is a Grippatank delivery system and is about 18months old.

I have previously contacted them about this but wrongly thought that changing the fuse had resolved the problem.

Ive contacted them again this morning and will await their response.

cheers
Dabber

Hi

cheers

Dabber
Hi Dabber. That the controller powers off on its own could be caused by a number of factors. For example a wiring fault with exposed copper core touching metal and shorting, Loose connections, Corroded fuse.holder/ cable connections. Its possible that the controller has been shorted at some point which has effected the power supply. My first suggestion would be to check through the cabling from the controller back to the battery and to the pump. Also check the terminal connections to the battery are tight.

Cheers

Back