Changing from 8-6 weekly

Git all my work mapped out lovely now, problem i have is 2 days on my round are still 8weekly. With the rest being 6weekly and 1 day being 4weekly.

I cant change the 4 weekly as they are cracking jobs and the days worth £200.

I want to get my 2, 8weekly days into 6wkly inline with the rest of my round, how would you approach these customers and convince them to go 6 weekly? Total of 22 customers all in same village 

51 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Git all my work mapped out lovely now, problem i have is 2 days on my round are still 8weekly. With the rest being 6weekly and 1 day being 4weekly.

I cant change the 4 weekly as they are cracking jobs and the days worth £200.

I want to get my 2, 8weekly days into 6wkly inline with the rest of my round, how would you approach these customers and convince them to go 6 weekly? Total of 22 customers all in same village 

This is the problem I've been warning new starters about for ages, accepting different schedules. It becomes a nightmare to plan and schedule. And in the case of 4 weekly as against 6 weekly you make less money per year. I think you might be better to live with it as is for your existing customers, though.

You could try changing the 4 weekly to 6 weekly at a slightly higher rate. One that would allow them to save a bit annually while freeing some spaces for you. You would be better off financially over the year, that's a definite fact if you can swing it.

You'll struggle to get the 8 weeklies to go 6 weekly unless you reduce the price and that's not what you want.

I made the decision when I started (after a lot of thought) to set my stall primarily around 6 weekly. There are several recent past conversations on the subject on the forum. I suggest you take the time to read my reasoning and I'd also suggest that you run it by your accountant.

7 minutes ago, Davy G said:

This is the problem I've been warning new starters about for ages, accepting different schedules. It becomes a nightmare to plan and schedule. And in the case of 4 weekly as against 6 weekly you make less money per year. I think you might be better to live with it as is for your existing customers, though.

You could try changing the 4 weekly to 6 weekly at a slightly higher rate. One that would allow them to save a bit annually while freeing some spaces for you. You would be better off financially over the year, that's a definite fact if you can swing it.

You'll struggle to get the 8 weeklies to go 6 weekly unless you reduce the price and that's not what you want.

I made the decision when I started (after a lot of thought) to set my stall primarily around 6 weekly. There are several recent past conversations on the subject on the forum. I suggest you take the time to read my reasoning and I'd also suggest that you run it by your accountant.

Cheers for the input davy.

High-tower
Posted (edited)

i didnt even tell all of them! just started turning up a bit more regular, its only 1 or 2 more cleans a year if you are on top of it all. no-one minded when i explained that.

even if you needed to reduce the prices a little its worth it for how much easier it makes everything.

Edited by High-tower
4 minutes ago, High-tower said:

i didnt even tell all of them! just started turning up a bit more regular, its only 1 or 2 more cleans a year if you are on top of it all. 

I did tot with the idea of dropping them to 7 weeks next clean then 6 the following, and if anybody questions it give it the old "i did send out a blanket txt/email, im really sorry i may have forgotten to add you to the list, as an appology ill do you a free clean"

To be fair though i dont think any of my customers will mind.

Gotta keep the 4weekers on 4 weekly as they are all about 500mtrs from the sea and insist on 4 weekly and are all good priced jobs and take me 1/2day for a cpl hundred quid

6 minutes ago, HWCS said:

I did tot with the idea of dropping them to 7 weeks next clean then 6 the following, and if anybody questions it give it the old "i did send out a blanket txt/email, im really sorry i may have forgotten to add you to the list, as an appology ill do you a free clean"

To be fair though i dont think any of my customers will mind.

Gotta keep the 4weekers on 4 weekly as they are all about 500mtrs from the sea and insist on 4 weekly and are all good priced jobs and take me 1/2day for a cpl hundred quid

Yeah! Near the sea and the salt air is a different matter, as Pjj has pointed out. I'm a sea kayaker and we have to drive for two and a quarter hours to get a sniff of the sea, so salt air is not an issue with our work. 😥

I think I'd probably live with it as is and take new customers on at a schedule to suit you best. As I said before 6 weekly suits us best for ease of scheduling and for profit.

brianbadonde
Posted (edited)

I would personally just tell them it is changing to 6 weekly. Give them a short explanation saying why. I wouldn’t drop the price. If they don’t like it then politely decline their custom. It’s easy to beat yourself up over what might happen but I bet if you’re doing a good job you’ll keep most of them. I did this a few years ago, changing from 4 6 and 8 weekly to just 4 and 8, and got the 6 weekers to change. They were all understanding and I kept all of them; some changed to 4 and some changed to 8 weekly.

Edited by brianbadonde