Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Changing from 8-6 weekly

WCF

Help Support WCF:

HWCS

Git all my work mapped out lovely now, problem i have is 2 days on my round are still 8weekly. With the rest being 6weekly and 1 day being 4weekly.

I cant change the 4 weekly as they are cracking jobs and the days worth £200.

I want to get my 2, 8weekly days into 6wkly inline with the rest of my round, how would you approach these customers and convince them to go 6 weekly? Total of 22 customers all in same village 

Git all my work mapped out lovely now, problem i have is 2 days on my round are still 8weekly. With the rest being 6weekly and 1 day being 4weekly.

I cant change the 4 weekly as they are cracking jobs and the days worth £200.

I want to get my 2, 8weekly days into 6wkly inline with the rest of my round, how would you approach these customers and convince them to go 6 weekly? Total of 22 customers all in same village 
This is the problem I've been warning new starters about for ages, accepting different schedules. It becomes a nightmare to plan and schedule. And in the case of 4 weekly as against 6 weekly you make less money per year. I think you might be better to live with it as is for your existing customers, though.

You could try changing the 4 weekly to 6 weekly at a slightly higher rate. One that would allow them to save a bit annually while freeing some spaces for you. You would be better off financially over the year, that's a definite fact if you can swing it.

You'll struggle to get the 8 weeklies to go 6 weekly unless you reduce the price and that's not what you want.

I made the decision when I started (after a lot of thought) to set my stall primarily around 6 weekly. There are several recent past conversations on the subject on the forum. I suggest you take the time to read my reasoning and I'd also suggest that you run it by your accountant.

This is the problem I've been warning new starters about for ages, accepting different schedules. It becomes a nightmare to plan and schedule. And in the case of 4 weekly as against 6 weekly you make less money per year. I think you might be better to live with it as is for your existing customers, though.

You could try changing the 4 weekly to 6 weekly at a slightly higher rate. One that would allow them to save a bit annually while freeing some spaces for you. You would be better off financially over the year, that's a definite fact if you can swing it.

You'll struggle to get the 8 weeklies to go 6 weekly unless you reduce the price and that's not what you want.

I made the decision when I started (after a lot of thought) to set my stall primarily around 6 weekly. There are several recent past conversations on the subject on the forum. I suggest you take the time to read my reasoning and I'd also suggest that you run it by your accountant.
Cheers for the input davy.

i didnt even tell all of them! just started turning up a bit more regular, its only 1 or 2 more cleans a year if you are on top of it all. no-one minded when i explained that.

even if you needed to reduce the prices a little its worth it for how much easier it makes everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
i didnt even tell all of them! just started turning up a bit more regular, its only 1 or 2 more cleans a year if you are on top of it all. 
I did tot with the idea of dropping them to 7 weeks next clean then 6 the following, and if anybody questions it give it the old "i did send out a blanket txt/email, im really sorry i may have forgotten to add you to the list, as an appology ill do you a free clean"

To be fair though i dont think any of my customers will mind.

Gotta keep the 4weekers on 4 weekly as they are all about 500mtrs from the sea and insist on 4 weekly and are all good priced jobs and take me 1/2day for a cpl hundred quid

I did tot with the idea of dropping them to 7 weeks next clean then 6 the following, and if anybody questions it give it the old "i did send out a blanket txt/email, im really sorry i may have forgotten to add you to the list, as an appology ill do you a free clean"

To be fair though i dont think any of my customers will mind.

Gotta keep the 4weekers on 4 weekly as they are all about 500mtrs from the sea and insist on 4 weekly and are all good priced jobs and take me 1/2day for a cpl hundred quid
Yeah! Near the sea and the salt air is a different matter, as Pjj has pointed out. I'm a sea kayaker and we have to drive for two and a quarter hours to get a sniff of the sea, so salt air is not an issue with our work. ?

I think I'd probably live with it as is and take new customers on at a schedule to suit you best. As I said before 6 weekly suits us best for ease of scheduling and for profit.

I would personally just tell them it is changing to 6 weekly. Give them a short explanation saying why. I wouldn’t drop the price. If they don’t like it then politely decline their custom. It’s easy to beat yourself up over what might happen but I bet if you’re doing a good job you’ll keep most of them. I did this a few years ago, changing from 4 6 and 8 weekly to just 4 and 8, and got the 6 weekers to change. They were all understanding and I kept all of them; some changed to 4 and some changed to 8 weekly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back