Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on this required please

Ash Baker

Hi all , I run a small property maintenance business , this house has got this red staining from render, it’s got to be painted for customer but I’m not happy about painting over this?

is it an algae or mineral soaking out?

can this be treated with hypo prior to paint?

thanks 

586D1C0A-8E4F-4E6D-AFFB-8F1AFC409C69.jpeg

Yes it’s red algi ,needs softwashing before painting, do you have any experience of using hypo ?...

I have used it in a portable water fed pole system , diluted down to remove algae and stains from walls .
Ok wet the walls down with the garden hose first do one wall at a time , apply the hypo mix either by spray or through a brush leave for up to 20 muinits re apply and agitate with   the brush rinse down with tap water and keep  re applying hypo mix and leave for up to 20  muinits , keep doing this until it’s all gone , make sure you use the appropriate ppe and wet any plants down before ,during and after application , to finish off rinse the whole area down with copious amounts of water 

9A8AC3C8-AC81-4CD4-B592-04D2DA236235.jpeg

BB37EB36-9CFE-42B0-8D2A-015DFB8CA1D9.jpeg

EF90CB04-48F5-4251-B938-50F338083D85.jpeg

I have used it in a portable water fed pole system , diluted down to remove algae and stains from walls .
Just noticed you are in Cornwall where abouts  are you ?.

Back